If you're a New Yorker, are you a Mets fan or a Yankees fan?

Why?
I'm not much for Baseball, but Brian loves the Yankees!
@mirage108 (3403)
I want to see a subway series. I like both teams but the Yankee's are my favorite
@jazzygdc7 (285)
mets fan because they are great and they have a great pitching staff.
Iam a new yorker, brooklyn all the way. I love the yankees but somehow they got the best players yet they still suck and are at the bottom of the stadings...whats wrong
@melissa29 (130)
I am an absolute Mets fan!! I am from upstate NY originally and I grew up watching games with my grandmother and I even married a mets fan! I don't care if they are the underdog team--they will always be #1 with me!
@mirage108 (3403)
Well I am a Yankee's fan. Why. I cant really say just that I am. and as you know they are the all time winningest team for the world series. That might be good enough reasone
mets all the way, ever since the last game of 96' or 97' i think it was when the mets played the braves and I yelled at Chipper making fun of his socks and everyone started taunting him! it was great! funny how he hasnt been hiking up those socks since then eh lol
Yankees all the way. First if you want to compare, the Mets starting rotation consists of Tom Glavine, and some guy named John Mayne. The Yankees have an amazing rotation: Petite, Mussina, Wang, and even more. Their lineup is arguably one of the best in the history of the game, even if Gary Sheffield is gone. Besides, always have been, always will be, Yankee fan. The Mets don't even compare, nor will they ever.
Mets. Simply because of 1999, they made a great attempt at going to the world series. To be honest I've always rooted for the underdog and was sick and tired of the Yankees. 1999-2000 I felt like New Yorkers were split evenly between supporting the Yankees and the Mets, but when the Mets started doing poorly, loads of people jumped on the Yankee band-wagon. I stuck with my mets through the rough times. Another reason I love the Mets is the cheap tickets (try getting $12 tickets at Yankee stadium).
i was born and raised in New York and i am a die hard yankee fan, i was just raised as a yankee fan. Tino Martinez was my fav player and i wish he still played.
@irishr (8)
'Im a Mets Fan and have been since day one, when they started playing in the old Polo Grounds. Before that, I was a Brooklyn Dodger Fan, so being a Yankee fan was out of the question. I remember the celebrations when it was definite that we would have another team to root for.
@KevinB68 (103)
Mets. Tom Seaver was the first baseball player I had ever heard of.
@swolecat (1278)
Both are good this year