Peer Pressure Kicking In

Thanks to having so many fit and active online friends I have given in to peer pressure, if only slightly. I had a healthy lunch of a salad with meat in it, and a glass of low fat milk. But that is not the only thing that happened. I just went for a short walk. Admittedly it was no great distance or time, but it is better than the nothing that I have been doing. I walked about fifteen minutes. My knees hurt. I know, I know!! walking will make my knees feel better, so I did it. I hope to do it some more throughout the days, etc. Thanks a lot, all of you fit and healthy exercising fiends.
@inertia4 (27665)
I have been walking a little more than I was. Although I know I need to walk more. And I am trying to eat right. Not an easy task.
One thing we can all do here is encourage one another. We all want each other to succeed. Good job walking more.
@inertia4 (27665)
@GardenGerty Yes we can encourage each other here. And we should. I take one day at a time though. I am done with planning anything. It never works out anyway. I need take a walk today at some point. I need a break from sitting on my computer.
@jenny1015 (13389)
Glad that you gave in to that. After all, it was a healthy move for you. Hope you'd keep it up and soon your knees will feel a whole lot better.
Of course it is raining today.
@cupkitties (7174)
Good going. Perhaps when the weather gets cooler, I'll start walking around the neighborhood again. For now I'll have to opt for the basement steps.
I find steps to be really hard on my knees. All I did was just a short one around the neighborhood. It is supposed to be good for my blood sugar, too.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
I can relate about the knees..doesn't help sitting here writing this but it is way too hot and humid out there..i usually do all my walking early morning before ten and then if i have to wait till autumn..hahah
The temperature is pretty mild today. I should walk earlier and will most days.