I hardly know you

Yes. We can say that to anyone that we hardly know them even though we would have had them in our life for years. That is what a study says. Much of what we are is only known to us and no other. Often, we never mean what we say or say what we mean. We are living with strangers. Sounds odd but it is true.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
Well it's true that you can never know everything about another person (even a spouse), I can't totally agree with the substance of your discussion. Experience and intuition are not to be ignored when it comes to knowing people. Understanding self goes a long way too. Last year when I finally had the chance to meet a number of people I have only known on the Lot, I was amazed at how at home I felt with them right off the bat. I was totally myself from the get go, even though they were 'strangers'. Not all the people we meet are taken into our lives on an 'intimate' basis. Every friendship/acquaintance is different as different people elicit different sides of us. That's the beauty of people. There is always more to learn and appreciate about ourselves and others if only we pay attention and are willing to learn. It is the journey that's important, not the destination........
Feeling 'at home' is because all of us make 'attempts' to please each other. Many a time we breathe a sigh of relief when a guest leaves and yet we go all out the please that guest.when they are around. I could go on and on........
• Regina, Saskatchewan
@allknowing I hear ya..........but there are exceptions as I've proven during the course of my life.
@sparkofinsanity Taking my own behaviour I often do not mean what I say or say what I mean and this I do to get on with life. Diplomacy is the order of the day