Reunions

Normally I'm not one to like "reunions". I didn't go to any of my school reunions because - meh - I wasn't really interested in seeing any of those people again (though Facebook took care of any curiosities). I don't particularly enjoy family reunions because they are awkward for me (that's another story). But this week, I am enjoying finding a bunch of you back on myLot (perhaps some of you never even left?)! "This" is where it all started and I am only happy to be reunited with the coolest friends I know 'round the world. And of course many more friends are welcomed (unless you're a spammer!). So let's party on . . . and discuss . . . we have much to catch up on y'all!
@PhredWreck (6096)
I'm not much on reunions either. Class reunions...those people wouldn't speak to me in school, why should I bother now? And like you, any that do want to converse find me on facebook. Plus, I don't want to look at them and realize how old we have become. The family doesn't do reunions these days...Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are the closest we come, and even those few hours can be rather sticky. But I have happily been reunited with some acquaintances here at myLot.
@sacmom (14338)
I'm the same way. I'm not normally into reunions at all, but when it comes to mylot, I'm all for it!
@sacmom Oh my gah - old habits are hard to change - ha ha! Ok, this must be a dream because I am delirious - I can't even get my friend's name right - ha ha!!
@topffer (29961)
• France
I also never went to a school-reunion. I have still a few friends from my college years calling me one or two times a year, but I have no more contact with friends I had at high-school or before, and I am not sure I would like to meet them again, except 2 or 3. I have quite no family, and we are not enough for a reunion. For myLot, I never left completely and was logging on times to times, but good discussions were rare. I am pleased to see many members coming back. If the old interface was coming back too, it would be like nothing had happened.
Hi @topffer!! I'm glad for Facebook in that I could connect with school friends again though the internet - I mostly have no desire to socialize with these people in "real life". The older generation of my family is quite big - it causes more drama I guess - ha ha - I avoid the family things if possible. Ah, so you were here! I rarely came here - only for a mere peek. I agree, the old interface was better - I get confused real easily with this one!
@topffer (29961)
• France
@much2say You are like me with family : I have not a lot of affinities with them, and I don't visit them often. We are choosing our friends, but not our family. I was here times to times, more since the beginning of this year, when I left Bubblews.
@topffer Yep! Best to just stay away from the family drama - far away as possible - ha ha! I am still at the other place - hanging on as much as possible. But it'll be awesome if we can claim this "land" as home again!
@jenny1015 (13394)
Every active Mylot writer from way back feels exactly the same as you do. Welcome back!
@missybear (11396)
@Jenny1015 Hope we can all get active again!! Welcome back everyone!!
I agree, this is one reunion I will enjoy. In fact, I remembered that in Goggle Doc I had a list of my friends when I started Bubblews and I marked which ones were on MyLot. I am thinking maybe I should open that document up, eh?
Good idea! I get some confused sometimes as to who is who depending on where we are - and of course I am silly to use different usernames everywhere. I have to figure out who much2say is again - ha ha. I'm glad we're all here again!
@much2say It seems that I am already friends with everyone or they are no longer online or I don't remember them. I guess my notes were not too good.
I am excited to see the avatar again where the water looks silver in the moonlight .For some ,I feel like we are old friends that meet after a long separation .We do have much to catch up on .
Yes @changjiangzhibin89 , we are definitely old friends! I actually thought of you the other day. The kids and I went to a pond outside a mall (not local to us, but we just happen to go that way on that particular day). We saw a young Asian man standing under a shady tree with his bike - and when we walked by him, he was playing the erhu! It wasn't a performance - it just seemed like he was practicing or playing it for his own pleasure. I just have never seen an erhu being played so casually like that in a public place!!
@much2say What a surprise ! There is an erhu lover there .However I have never stood playing the erhu,usually sit and put it on my left lap when playing it .Sadly my granddaughter has given up playing it due to the load of study.She will be a fourth grade primary school pupil next semester .
@changjiangzhibin89 I thought of your granddaughter - especially as I think of your avatar photo here! This man was playing it while leaning against the tree. Wow - 4th grade already! My daughter will be in 5th - and my son will be in kindergarten (he was in transitional kindergarten)! They start in 10 days!
@cherigucchi (3943)
I only go to reunions when I feel like to I also want to see some good friends I made before but not at all times that I attend
If my friends were really friends, they would still be my good friends to this day. So I pick and choose what reunions I go to too - though it's rare.
@much2say That is good enough at least you really choose which ones to attend and its all right
@cherigucchi But most likely I don't go to any of them - ha ha.
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
High their. I didn't go to any high school reunions either. Of the two people I'm still in touch with, one isn't interested in going, and the other was a year behind me. I do like family reunions though. Especially if I'm not hosting (too much time running around after things to talk to people).
@dawnald (84131)
• Shingle Springs, California
@much2say Yeah, that's the other thing. Unbelievable freaking expensive, and that's even before travel expenses.
I only recently discovered Mylot. Wish I had heard about it sooner.
Well, THIS is what it used to be like - but they stopped paying a couple or so years ago - so everyone left. They only started paying again recently - when we all came flocking back - so you're just in time!!
I was instrumental in getting together our classmates. This continues with others too pitching in. I also used to have family gatherings but now with the second generation having their own style I do not enjoy them any more. Here I already have a few old contacts getting back.
It's great if the ties with past classmates are good ones - surely you must all have a good time at the reunions you put together! I think our cousins, my generation, don't even care to have any sort of reunion. As for here, it's wonderful "seeing" ol' mylotters again!
@TearHere (63)
Ever since I never went to a school reunion.
I've never gone to a school reunion either. I was able to find high school friends on Facebook and we had a one on one catch up session - that was enough.
GREAT TO HEAR THAT!