Torn Between Two Good Writing Sites

Mylot was the first writing site that i joined . It made me meet a lot of people from all over the world. When it became non-paying , my friends here were gone . I too , have to find a site where i can write and be paid at least . I found Bubblews and there i again interacted with those formerly from here . And my friends became many . There were a lot of Filipinos there , just like Mylot before. However , when Bubblews didn't pay some of our writings , a lot went away . Though some would peep in there once in a while. I am still there and i also came back here a few days ago when i came to know it's paying again . I have to be honest , i want to earn extra so i can also have extra income other than my full time job . But i want to earn while i enjoy writing . That's why now , i am torn between these two sites . They're both very good sites . So i keep them both .
@PhredWreck (6051)
I abandoned Bubblews when I saw many people not getting paid, and saw the owners saying "we will not pay prior to such-and-such date because of spammers"...it was THEIR responsibility to stop the spammers (lots of us were reporting them) and to penalize everyone because of THEIR mistakes really got my dander up. I did receive the money every time I cashed out, unlike many, but I decided that it just wasn't for me, and have not been posting anywhere for several months until rumors about myLot started surfacing about 45 days ago.
Have you tried logging in there again ? They now can easily detect spammers . However , it seems a deserted place already . The notifications are slow to move . But still i enjoy it there because with the new changes , people are into interacting more . The rate that hardly moves , now moves , although slower than before .
@SIMPLYD I logged in and posted a discussion about if people wanted to see me, they could find me at 'home' (here). This was always my first choice, and since people are coming back, I have no reason at all to be there.
@PhredWreck I think i even commented on that .
@sacmom (14316)
I'm keeping both of them for now as well. However, I seem to be coming here more often...
I don't have much time now though unlike before.
@sacmom (14316)
Well then make some time @SIMPLYD! lol
@dpk262006 (56104)
There is no site like mylot. Bubblews and some other sites are not apparently reliable. I have read posts where many have complained that Bubblews did not pay them timely or did not pay at all. I joined Bubblews on suggestion of some friends, however I did not enjoy it much. Here on mylot there is one to one interaction and discussions/replies/comments/counter-comments, are there to make you feel good. These factors are missing in other sites. For me mylot is best and come what may I would like to stick here only.
I agree . Just take a look at how everyone interacts here . This is one aspect , that makes this site so nice . That's why i never deleted my account here .
@dpk262006 (56104)
@SIMPLYD - You are wise and practical.
@Asylum (48282)
• Manchester, England
As you know I am also a member of Bubblews and was quite active there for quite a while after migrating from Mylot. Sadly, as you have mentioned, ther4e was a mass exodus as soon as the payment rates were reduced. The site is currently extremely slow and the amount of activity of almost zero these days, so I am very pleased to be back at Mylot.
Yes, the notification is so slow to move . It means less people are posting and interacting .
I am also on both sites as some people from there have not returned here yet... But I keep hoping they will! There's nothing wrong with wanting to earn extra money, we all do as well as have a good time and talk with our friends.
Yes. I really would like to post at the other site so the others will know .
@sishy7 (27651)
I have an idea who you are on there, but I could be wrong... Is your daughter in medical school?
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
This is the only place that I come for discussing like this. I don't know anything about the ones you mentioned, so to me, all I need is mylot, now that they are back to paying again,. I am just so happy that I can earn on the Internet, as most are scams, and those I stay clear of. I come in here to see what other people have to discuss, and I contribute whenever a discussion interests me. It is a lot of fun, while getting paid, and you certainly can't beat that at all. Take care, and have fun.
Ha ha ha Yes . You remembered . I am the rebel woman .
@rosekiss Weren't you here when it was still paying and so much fun interacting maybe 6 or 7 years ago ? This is one site indeed that it's easy to write as long as you are within the rule .
@thesids (22359)
• Bhubaneswar, India
You know dear SimplyD that I did not go out to any other website for writing. I am glad that some of us stayed connected via FB. and now that we are back here, all good.
Indeed . It's nice that we were connected . Now , i hope not only us will come back here.
@thesids how is your health now, casper?
@thesids (22359)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@hereandthere A little better, seems I always have some good times
@hereandthere (29867)
@simplyd i never saw mylot as a writing site, i've always seen it as a paid forum. after what happened at the big b and what i've observed in other sites, my expectations are more realistic now.
Is that you BrosMiguel ? Yes, it's more of a paid forum . It seems i can't find the number of characters required here for a post . Do you know , my friend . Nice to be back here .
@SIMPLYD nope hmm, maybe that's why there are no minimum characters or word counts required at mylot because it was/still a discussion site, and not a writing site?
If you are talking about the other site being Bubblews I want to know why you want to cling on there unless you are among the few who are getting paid
It's the friends i also made there , that makes me still want there .
@SIMPLYD I can see your point.
@cherigucchi (4453)
We are all here for some reasons. I also want the money I earn from the writing sites I joined
Being at least compensated is one big motivation .
@SIMPLYD That I agree 100%.
@Shellyann36 (9214)
I cannot log into Bubblews at the moment. I am on my chrome notebook and I don't have FF. For some reason Bubblews will not let me log in on chrome.
I always use Chrome when i bubble . So far , i have no problem except when the site is really down.
@Deepak2J (1180)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Bubblews is barely paying anymore... Maybe they are earning very less.
Indeed . The rate is so slow. But i love interacting with my following there . But i am happy Mylot is paying again .
I did well on Bubblews for a while, then it got terribly slow, but I am still there. I have some connections there. I speak freely there about MyLot, and it will always be my favorite. I do not connect anywhere else as well as I do here. I am just about equal in my time. I do not know if you saw the latest GoAskAlex post but he says myLot is increasing the amount we get paid here.
You mean you can discuss Mylot there at Bubblews without it getting deleted ? Well, as to its rate to be increased , then it's so much fund indeed to be here.
@pumpkinjam (5767)
I am keeping both too. I wasn't sure at first. I thought I might just jump ship and live here on myLot but I like Bubblews, and it means I can keep one a little more private. I know they're public but I share my Bubbles but don't really share myLot posts. So I'm trying to keep them both but do different things on each one.
Well, both is a legit site . And both have easy styles of posting topics.
@Porcospino (16659)
• Denmark
I have left Bubblews. I miss some of my friends from that site, but I don't want to support a site that is so unrealiable. I did get paid in the beginning, but I also missed several payments and when they cancelled all payments in November 2014 I decided to leave the site completely. My profile is still there, but I have deleted the 1500 articles I wrote during my stay there.
It's indeed the friends that we made that keeps us coming back there and even here . I never thought of deleting my account here . Maybe that's because subconsciously , i am expecting that someday it will pay again . And it did !
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
I really need to earn money and I am torn too as it is so difficult to earn.
Me i kept both because i love these two sites , since they both pay now. Its an extra income to us.
Writing on line is a precarious business! I write on Bubblews and kept with them even when the going got tough. I always got paid on time despite hearing so much about lack of payments for others. I have a few loyal friends there - we stick together - even if the earnings move slower than a snail in mud. I'll give mylot a trial. So far, so good.
So you are at Bubblews too . Is that your username there ? Nice to meet you here /
@sofssu (14467)
I want to make some money while I write. Let's face facts Bubblews makes money at our cost.. it is only fair they pay us and treat us well. I see that though they have made changes the basic problems remain the same. I am okay with leaving the site for the time being.. I haven't quit in the hope things will change.. but I will not be as active as I have been there before. My decision is clear. I stay away for now.