I just wonder sometimes...

I was sitting in a chair at the mall this afternoon. A woman and two young children were walking by. The woman got on the escalator and soon after the little girl about 5 yelled come on mommie is leaving us. She then got on and rolled on down the steps. The small boy about 3 cried so loud seeing his mom and sister going down the escalator. I jumped up and grabbed the child's hand and walked him to the top. here comes his mother frantic running up the other side. I could not understand how a mother could be that far from two small kids.
@Rollo1 (16649)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Escalators cause many injuries. Falling on them could result in hands or hair getting caught and serious injuries or amputations. No mother should take small children on an escalator and definitely not let them get on alone.
Good you helped those kids. We really do not know what the reason was for the mother to behave the way she did.
Wow its nice to see your user name. Your right on with that one. She looked like she was about to cry as she ran up for him. Good night.
• Melbourne, Australia
Children can get in to trouble so quickly you need to keep them close I always did. I was always a great worrier and thought what could happen and try to be safe from it.
They can be gone in a flash as well and then your life is never the same again. Thannks for commenting.