My question is not in the guidelines..

Goodnight everyone. I am wondering if there is a word count on posts made here. I checked the guideline with no luck there. I can't find anything on the bottom of the page to help me. So,if you know I would really be happy to know. Thanks so much.
@owlwings (39601)
• Cambridge, England
No, there is no word count (either a maximum or minimum). If there were, you would be certain to see it in the Guidelines or the FAQs. Actually, there IS a maximum number of characters you can post but it's incredibly huge and I have only rarely seen anyone reach it (usually those who delight in plagiarising articles and copy and paste enormous amounts of text because they - completely erroneously - think that payment is calculated on the amount of text you post!)
Well, there you have it, pretty ,much what I was going to say
• Greece
Surely we need a minimum of words to express ourselves and encourage others to join in the discussion? Also to express a response in a way that shows the post has been read?
@owlwings (39601)
• Cambridge, England
@41CombedaleRoad Of course, that's very true. I mean that there are no arbitrary limits like 'minimum of 400 characters' or 'maximum of ...' (whatever it was for comments - I forget now).
I do not think there were ever actual word counts for the site. There were for tasks but we do not have them now. I always tried to just make sure I told whatever I needed to in detail. A post this long or longer always seemed to do okay.
I think that makes it all the more better for me. I hope so at least. Thanks once again for the help. I was just asking my mother if she knew you. Claudine7474
@jhechorain (1218)
• Susanville, California
I just know that it says you get paid more for your topic being more in depth pretty much. I don't think there is any limit minimum but I have not written long enough to find out if there is a maximum or not. I kind of wish there was a minimum myself. Although that is just an opinion of mine, nothing wrong with it either way.
Sometimes there is no need for a long drawn out post. I think this way s good too. Thanks for sharing.
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
Hi sharon, It used to be there before when the site was active and paying , so I would think that it is still there, the longer the response that is relevant to the topic of discussion the better earning,,,few words and short answers don't earn anything..
That is actually not true...if many people interact with a short answer, it can earn just fine
@kiran8 (15354)
• Mangalore, India
@PhredWreck Alright I stand corrected but I remember Sharon once saying that the longer the response the better your chance of earning more..
@kiran8 No necessarily longer, but the more detail. Most short answers won't receive a response from the community, but then again, sometimes a lot can be said with just a few words. And I think you mean Alice (now Alex)...Sharon was with SharonBucks.
I was wondering about the count to. I also could not find anything on it.