Terrorism a global problem - is there an easy solution ?

@kiran8 (14565)
Mangalore, India
I know this is a touchy subject and I dont want to point fingers at anyone .However, terrorism has become a global problem that is taking many innocent lives for no rhyme or reason. We in India have been battling with it since many decades now and no matter how much the government does, there seems to be no positive result. One is never sure as to how this is to be handled , by crushing them down , which seems to have little or no effect or through dialogue and communication ? I wonder where and how everyone seems to have failed in tackling this problem...
@vandana7 (56875)
Yes there is. But people should be willing to sacrifice lives and properties for that.
@kiran8 (14565)
• Mangalore, India
Well, whose lives and whose properties ? ...
@vandana7 (56875)
@kiran8 ...there are three ways to manage terrorism. Do not allow media to show the same sequences "n" number of times. Only once in a day or twice in the day. Secondly, always ask the media to report on progress of whatever sequence they have shown, on a regular basis. You can't make the terrorist feel as if he scored a goal and that mission was successful. You got to make him feel hounded, without sensationalizing it all. Again only once in day. The last solution will be a bit unpalatable to you, so I wont mention it here.
@kiran8 (14565)
• Mangalore, India
@vandana7 I agree that media does complicate matters but is that enough ? the terrorists are a deadly lot with no mercy or ethics..we see ISIS beheading their own people with no mercy .I feel that all the countries should come together and form an alliance so that the problem of terrorism is tackled firmly and at least for now put to rest ! However, violence and cruelty is part of human race so it will resurface again .. ( you can mention the last solution in brackets LOL )
@sofssu (14748)
There are no simple answers to the problem .. we have a society that does not value life anymore. When people think it is okay to take lives to prove a point, there is something drastically wrong with our values and thinking.
@kiran8 (14565)
• Mangalore, India
I agree with that totally, this inspite of knowing that all lives are precious and we have but one life , so why not live and let live ? Some people are like misguided missiles, they do not know what their agenda is and are ready to die without even knowing what the cause is