I See The Light...........

@Rosekitty (19438)
San Marcos, Texas
whoops, it just went off again...darn these light bulbs..I've had this Fridge for over 17 years, so you know this is a oldie but goodie one, but as long as it is still working i will keep it. .Now why don't they make light bulbs that last that long?..Am i asking to much?..How would you like it after 17 years and your lights go out, they take you away to a funny farm?
L.O.L. I was reading your post just now. I know what you mean! Our fridge is old too but we bought a thing to make the ice maker to work again and it still doesn't work!
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
We must have the same one..hahah
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
A funny farm would actually be most appropriate. My refrigerator's only a semi-antique though, almost 10 years...
@topffer (36612)
• Colombo, Sri Lanka
Mine is also prehistoric (maybe older than yours) and I will keep it as long as it will work.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
and why not if it still works right?
@topffer (36612)
• Colombo, Sri Lanka
@Rosekitty Because it consumes 3 times more electricity than a modern one. But I am not sure that a modern fridge would last 15 or 20 years...
@topffer I have had mine worked on once, and it is still less expensive than a new one, although I secretly want one.
@PhredWreck (6051)
I mentioned to one of the guys on the river today that incandescent light bulbs seem to burn out a lot quicker than they used to.
@savak03 (6676)
Yeah they do and when ever a light blows in another room they always come to me looking for light bulbs. My light fixture on my ceiling fan holds three bulbs and I like to have them all working for the symmetry of it as well as the amount of light needed to do some of the projects I do in here. But before long I am down to one light bulb and if I don't watch them they will get that one too.
I may have replaced my bulb one time. It is probably eighteen years old.
Thats a great long many years GG.
@Deepak2J (1179)
• Bhubaneswar, India
The light of ours also went out.
I believe you Rose. That was a good long time though if that light bulb lasted how long?
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
so far it is still going..hahah
@Rosekitty Okee dokee Rose, our fridge seems okay so far, still it is not ours, it came with the apt.
We have two. One is for the kitchen and one where all the goodies are stacked up. One lights and one does not. We have lived with both without a whimper
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Don't worry about it. If you announce that you are looking in the fridge a little man with a candle will come out of the freezer and cast some light for you.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
@UnkyGreggy..Good to know so i won't be nekked
It would be great, unfortunately they don't make things the way they used to.
@bunnybon7 (37904)
• Holiday, Florida
well i have been suggested i need to be in the funny farm a few times but they didn't catch me yet.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
They tried that on me, but then the light flickered back into life and they had to return me...........was the ex ever bummed! lol
@1wldngl (3991)
Girl...we just got a brand new fridge. The second one i have ever owned. It's awesome! And lights...let me tell you about lights LED no less. The thing is lit up like a xmas tree! I admit it's damaged as I was NOT going to pay brand new prices. But with a little appliance paint you can only see the dent in the lower handle now. And we can replace that if we want to, but I'm ok with it. I have a 11 year old and a 37 year old....fftt.....the thing is gonna get dinged anyway. LOL
That lightbulb is older than my 2 kids put together - ha ha! I suppose when ours ever goes out, I could keep a flashlight near the fridge
@sacmom (14314)
So long as I had myLot, I wouldn't mind!
@ACETY5 (174)
we got an over 25 years fridge and 23 years fan at house. it is good stuff in 1980s-2000, but products quality depends on money in this day . i miss that age product, haha
I've never actually had a fridge outlast the light. Must be a good fridge!
Take me to the funny farm....haha....hehe. Anyway..... I know they sure don't make the fridges like they used to. They are noisy and pop and snap and gurgle.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
Mine is less than three years old and far too big but the children bought it for me. I don't understand it as it has lots of settings and things which I forget how to use. Lights too. I wish the fridge was smaller but the children forget that they are not all living with me but I am grateful for it.
It does seem like I am always replacing the light in the fridge.