Does Technology Slow Us Down?

@Jackalyn (6535)
Oxford, England
I recently bought a hand lawn mower. To my surprise, this was actually quicker to use to mow the lawn than the electric one I used before. I also find it much quicker and easier to use a wooden spoon to bake mix cakes. A bread maker turned out to be a waste of time. I can't see the point in a smoothie maker win a blender will do. Is it me or are a lot of tech gadgets total time wasters? What do others think?
@prashu228 (23368)
@Jackalyn hi friend , In fact technology doesn't slow us down , but it turns us in to lazy humans . Technology upgrades are very good in some areas and not as good as they will be when it come to gadgets related to homely uses.Technology turn a human into a smart lazy machine .
@Micmac (6991)
@prashu228 That's a fact. We have become slaves to many kinds of technology because it is addictive to our life style.
@prashu228 (23368)
@Micmac actual purpose of designing a gadget is to make the work easy , but along with that people are turning lazy and building their tummies . Later running for another machine to work on them .
@Micmac (6991)
@prashu228 No wonder obesity is a major problem - blame it on those machines who are taking over humanity, even people's jobs. Yes, machines are convenient at the same time people become couch potatoes.
@Micmac (6991)
I know what you mean. For instance, I bought an onion chopper that didn't save me time, it was messy and cleaning the gadget was a pain. I used it a few times, then toss it aside. I save time by chopping the onion by hand. Then I bought a hamburger electric grill which was a disaster - hamburgers were raw inside and burnt outside. I have better results cooking them in the frying pan.
@prashu228 (23368)
@Micmac onion chopper hahaha , i prefer to cut the onions with a knife rather than cleaning the chopper for hours or mins. I used the chopper and felt i would have cut them faster with a knife without extra work of cleaning it .
@Micmac (6991)
@prashu228 I know, those onion choppers are a big joke. And the cleaning is time consuming. Some gadgets promise to do the job quickly but the drawback is the cleaning involved to maintain the gadget properly. Sometimes doing things the simple way is the best.
Some new technology things are like others and you do not really need them at all.
@prashu228 (23368)
@jstory07 yes friend we have to be choosy what to have and what not , like one of our friend mentioned .It is better if we don't have few gadgets rather than using them and later regretting of buying it .