Food for Thought

Marion, Kansas
Food for thought as well as food for supper. When is a bargain a bargain? Hubby is often in Wal Mart working when the meat department is putting out markdowns. He will call me and ask if he can bring some home, because he knows I am trying to use stuff up for our move. I had some left over sauces and broth that I was putting into the slow cooker today. I also thawed a roll of ground turkey. I planned on soup and salad tonight. Hubby found salmon, and stuffed crabs for a good price. We will have soup and stuffed crabs tonight. Sea food all week with veggies and salads and such. It sounds good to me. Not really sure if this is a bargain. It could be. It is certainly cheaper than eating out. I am going to enjoy living further away from the stores. It will make me not shop so impulsively. Hubby, on the other hand, will continue to work in the stores and bring home bargains.
@1wldngl (3996)
I guess it depends on each individual person and their spending habits. Eating out is expensive and totally bad for you so anything you do at home has to be better. We got 4 large fillets of Mahi Mahi the other day for $6, it came with a free bad of coleslaw, free tortillas and free sauce for the slaw. Viola' fish tacos. It fed all three of us with some for the man's lunch the next day. I'd say that is way cheaper than eating out.
• Marion, Kansas
Oh that was excellent. Almost a free meal. It sounds delicious as well.
@1wldngl (3996)
@GardenGerty Yes it was really. And my first fish tacos, which I wasn't too sure about. So we have been buying the fish again, without the free stuff this time, that was a special deal anyway. But it's not bad for a healthy meal. Still made four servings of the fish for $6.