It Was Priced Wrong

@LeaPea2417 (23160)
Toccoa, Georgia
Don't you just hate it when you are in a store and really think you have read the price tag for an item right, and buy the item, but then when you get home and read the receipt, you realize the price was higher than you thought you had paid? That is what happened to me today while shopping at Wal-Mart. I needed to buy a shower curtain. I wanted to buy the cheapest I could find. I found one that I could have sworn was 8 dollars and 88 cents. But, when I got home and noticed the receipt, it said it was 19 dollars and 98 cents. It upset me some. Would you take it back and tell the store that the price was read wrong? Would you ask if they would sell it for the price that I thought I had read? Or would you take it back and get your money back and look for the item again and try to buy a cheaper shower curtain?
Take it back and find someone to help you find the one that is $8.88. Their shelves get so confusing, then people move stuff.I was in that department last week. If you cannot find what you want then the help on the sales floor needs to do it for you. I have been helping my sister set up housekeeping and stuff like that happens to her.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
They won't change the price if you just read it wrong. Best bet is to return it, and buy a new item.
I am only speaking for myself. I would keep the shower curtian because I want the best money can buy when it comes to my shower curtians. I also now if the cashier told me the total before paying I would know that curtain was not the price I thought it was. In your case being you wanted the lower one for yourself. If it's not to far away I would say exchange it.
@salonga (27957)
It is indeed upsetting. I don't know why they don't upgrade the tag price. I always discover the wrong tag in the counter when paying the product and many times I just returned the product unless I really need to buy that product.