Funeral Dirge

@1wldngl (3995)
;sad slow funeral music plays in background; My bedroom is on the second floor of our little house and as I was looking out my window I saw one of my wee tree frogs up on my air conditioner unit. As I watched he crawled along and immediately disappeared into one of the vents. I was talking to my fiancee, on the phone, at the time and he knows how much I love my tree frogs. I gasped and said, "oh OH!...I hope he can stay out of the blades." Not 10 minutes later I hear an audible THUD come from the A/C unit. Do you think Froggie met his maker?
• Pamplona, Spain
Hope he did not meet his maker and maybe he just lost himself somewhere in there. With a bit of luck you might find him in one piece. Animals are such clever things.
@1wldngl (3995)
I hope he didn't either. Imagine the smell. We are suffering triple digits here so maybe he wll turn to leather before he smells.
• Pamplona, Spain
@1wldngl Same here it has been a very hot Summer and I can sympathize with all the Forest Fires you have been suffering too as there has been a tremendous amount here its time for it to cool down now and give us a break. Well you might find him where you least expect it hope so.
@1wldngl (3995)
@lovinangelsinstead21 We aren't in the fire areas, thank God. We had that a few years back and it was scary.
@TLChimes (4842)
I cringe at the thought! Poor thing. No, I think that thud was his end. I hate seeing lives end. For us it was a little bird this year.
@1wldngl (3995)
I know...make me sad. I love m frogs and toads! I lost two clutches this year...or they disappeared. I am hoping I was too slow and missed their maiden flights!
• Regina, Saskatchewan
RIP Froggie.........Reminds of the time I watched a baby robin actually fall out of his nest. My hubs told me to leave him, that he would be taken care of by his own, but days later he was still there. I got up close to take a picture, and discovered he was blind, which means Momma bird probably pushed him out of the nest.........nature can be cruel.
• Regina, Saskatchewan
The pic didn't load the first time.........
• Regina, Saskatchewan
@sparkofinsanity And it's not loading this time either. I give up!
@1wldngl (3995)
@sparkofinsanity That's so sad and I'm glad it didn't load. Poor wee birdie. I lost my clutches this summer too. One nest of Tufted Titmouse and one nest of Bewick's Wrens.
I hope the frog is ok and did not meet its maker.