How does the message system work?

Ok I am a bit confused. It seems we have the button to send a message, to other users. However a friend told me she sent me one 2 days ago, and I have yet to get it. so I sent her one to test it, and no reply. Do we need to be here for a certain amount of time before it works? Or have so many discussions posted? I would send a message to the admin, but not sure they would get it. Can someone answer this for me?
@PhredWreck (6051)
There is some type of bug in the messaging system, lots of people either can't send them or don't receive them.
Oh ok. I was thinking maybe cause I wasn't classified as part of the 'community' yet. I will just have to wait and see what happens.
@TexanTornado People that have been here 6 years can get messages but not send them...it's hard to say when it will get fixed. I can send to everyone and receive from those that are able to send.
@PhredWreck Oh wow, that is kinda messed up. Thanks for that information though. I truly appreciate it.
@fufurinha (11520)
• Portugal
I have sent 2 messages already and got no response. I don't know if people didn't see it already or if it wasn't sent.
Well, I got a message from topffer above, but not sure if it's cause they are so high up with their posting, or time spent here. I will just wait and see.
@topffer (32860)
• France
I also send you a test message before calling for help.
If you don't mind, I will try to send you one, since we both 'newbies' here and see if it works?
@sofssu (14512)
LOl this is why I didn't get your messages and you didn't get mine either. I was wondering why you didn't respond.. Darn the bug. Thanks for posting this ..I would have kept wondering...
@sofssu (14512)
Sending you another message now.. my third lol
@sofssu Nope, still nothing. Hopefully it can be fixed. I want to be able to bug ya.
@sofssu (14512)
@TexanTornado The feeling is mutual Lets see who can do it better..
@patgalca (14236)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I just returned from a two year break so I'm still feeling my way around here. It takes some getting used to.
Yes, somethings I picked up. Like the pencil. Other things, I am still feeling my way around.
• Marion, Kansas
@TexanTornado Yep, you picked up the pencil, and started to write. You did say you checked your settings and can receive messages? I know that @allknowing has messaged me and I have received it, but we are both following one another.
@GardenGerty yes, Ma'm I did. I have received one from allknowing and another lady who has a high number behind her name but seems they don't receive mine nor can I get them from other friends who are lowi in the number range. So I thought maybe it had to do with that.?
I have writiten a post on this
I have read a couple of posts where they talk about not having the 'message' option on some profiles This is because they have made that option. It could be a...
Thank you, but I have done all of that. The option to have anyone message me that I haven't blocked (which I haven't blocked anyone) is selected and still nothing.
@TexanTornado Have sent you a messsage. Just check.
@allknowing I sent a message to two different people, trying to test it. Some Guy Typing below said, there has always been an issue with the 'messages'. shrugs
@1wldngl (3991)
Yes...and I am glad I found this discussion because I sent a message and got NO response and now I know why. Thanks!
I'm glad I decided to write it, now I don't feel like such an outcast. Well, at least not when it comes to the messaging.
@1wldngl (3991)
@TexanTornado No ma'am....it's not working very well.
• Marion, Kansas
My experience with the message system is inconsistent, but I keep trying. I imagine @GoAskAlex_Admin will see this discussion if we tag him with his name like I did. But he is aware that the messages are damaged or broken.
According to another, they said it has been an issue. Some it works for, others it doesn't.