I don't wanna!

By Yuki
@yukimori (9040)
I don't know what it is about today--the overcast weather, the scent of rain on the breeze, or maybe just the fact that I slept like a rock last night and my pain level is virtually nothing this morning--but I'm feeling seriously lazy right now. Which isn't really a good thing, because I'm supposed to be on my way over the mountain to do some audits. And here I am, sleeping in and letting my husband make sure the kids get to school this morning... mostly because I can. How do you motivate yourself to take care of business even if you really, really don't want to?
@Rollo1 (16651)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I was originally going to get up at 5:30 but even though I was awake, I couldn't think of a good reason not to just continue to lie in bed. So I did. And I made that decision to lie in bed about three more times, through a few alarms until finally, I had to get up because it was 7 am and sleeping any later would have been shameful. I am bad at motivating myself.
@yukimori (9040)
Huh... guess I'm completely shameful, then. I didn't get out of bed this morning until around 8:30. Still too early, if you ask me...
@PhredWreck (6051)
I don't get motivated...I just do it. My motivation is knowing when I am done I can come home and go back to bed.
@yukimori (9040)
That's brilliant. I feel like the heavens have opened up and bestowed upon me the greatest gift ever.
Paychecks are usually a good motivator....lol. The brain needs to keep telling the body... "c'mon, let's move it!" C'mon bod... we got work to do" ....lol.
@yukimori (9040)
That's true, but I'm still going to be paid the same if I do it today or put it off until later.
I have no choice! Hubby leaves early in the morning and comes back later in the evening. So if I don't get things done around here, it will never get done. And especially regarding the kids, I have to get them ready and out - there will be no one else here to do it!
@Mavic123456 (9703)
• Thailand
no choice but have to do it, otherwise, children will not learn for the day. I am sure they will be happy not to see me, but it is my responsibility to teach them also.
@crossbones27 (19233)
• Redlands, California
I like to think of a way to reward myself. Kind of hard to do a lot of times when all your money goes to bills. So you have to be creative like not mopping the floor that day. lol