Cooling the house down....

I have nothing but heat in this house. I moved the a.c from my room back to the living room. I shut all the windows and put fans in the door ways. It's starting to cool off already. My daughters broke down so being that this one was left. I figured we could put it in the middle of the house and get some kind of relief. I am good with just the fan so,I do hope it cools them down a little. Her room is dreadful from that tv. I needed to get it out of there to see if it will cool down the room. So,I took my tv and put it in her room. Took the living room tv and put it in mine. Now,that dreadful hot tv can go. Right next to my computer desk I pulled down the blinds. Now,my arm is not hot. All in all I think we will be good for a few days.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
My ac went out last fall, and it costs to much to fix it, soI just decided to use fans, which are cheaper than ac, that is for sure. I close all my windows and blinds during the day, and opent them when the son goes down. I have two window fans for the living room, plus a florr fan. Ihave a fan in hallway, and two fans in my bedrrom, one on the sink, and the other in the window. Ido take the fans out of the windows in the morning and put them back in at night. It sure is a hassle, but there is nothing I cando about itas that is the only way to stay cool at night. It will be over one of these days, and thenI won't have to do it anymore until next summer. Stay cool.
I hate to do it because,of this beautiful view I have here. But,I am going to get up and shut my blinds for the night. Tomorrow,I will have them down and see how it feels.
@rosekiss (30152)
• Eugene, Oregon
@sharon6345 you will find by closing your blinds and drapes in the daytime, and opening them back up before it gets dark, that it will bring in the cool air from outside. My attic doesn't have a lot of insulation, so therefore it really gets hot inside. It could be worse though, as if I didn't have fans, I couldn't get cool either.
@rosekiss I have some curtains I can put up tonight if that will help. I sure want it cooler for me in the morning. I don't want anything up in the living room so,I will just close the blinds. Thanks so much for the tips. I am going to do my window tonight. well this morning since it's after 1 am here.
I loathe August. Only 2 more weeks and then it's over and we can open the windows again & not get swarmed by bugs and oven-like heat.
I am thankful as well but,I am dreading winter with all that slush on my boots. But,I need a break with the light bill.
i hope you are able to cool down your house really fast.
Yes it cooled down enough to make it bearable. Tonight we don't need the air at all. Tomorrow,I will turn the air on during the hot hours.
@Rosekitty (19500)
• San Marcos, Texas
I too did some switcheroo of changing things around today and i am so happy to rid my house of some things that were in the way...I only have window units since my a/c went out 2 summers ago..ugh...
That is the kind of unit I have that is in the sleeve. I wish I had central air like I did in florida.