Should you keep the same wedding ring forever?

17 years ago my husband asked me to marry him. My fingers are not the same size today as when I was 18 years old. I love my ring and everything that it stands for but really it just doesnt fit. I could get it re sized but that will thin the band a little bit. It should still work. Or I can go out and get a new one for my upcoming anniversary. The sentimental side of me says to keep it forever. The other side of me says to get a new ring I love and pass my old one down to my daughter. Neither my Mother or my Mother in Law are wearing their original rings. Maybe I'm just a sap. What do you think?
@sacmom (14315)
That's completely up to you. As for me, I would keep the same ring.
I would put it on a chain and wera it around my neck. Then buy a new one on sale and love it.
@sofssu (14449)
I have worn mine for almost 25 years, I hope to have another one made for our silver wedding and put this on my chain. The ring has become tight and thin over the years,.. I don't want it to break.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
I gave mine to a granddaughter, her mama is holding it for her when she reaches at least 21..gave diamond earrings to another, and other pieces to my other granddaughters You could take the diamonds out and add to a design of your own or save it for your daughter..have you asked her if she wants it?..if so then your answer might be clearer for you! .
@Beatburn (3904)
I would like to see my wife still wear the old wedding ring. If it doesn't fit anymore I could have it adjusted but alas, we lost that ring and now I don't wear mine because I feel incomplete knowing she's not wearing hers. Sap, sap.
@Shellyann36 (10965)
I think I would get the ring band upsized or get the setting put on another band. Of course a new ring is always nice too. LOL too many options.
@Boonie1 (431)
• Ashdod, Israel
While there is a sentimental value to the ring and its sad to replace it, passing it down to you'r daughter will maintain that value and even add to it. Either way you can always get a new ring and wear the old one as a necklace like @sofssu said