Old is Gold

By Miki
@Micmac (6847)
Old classic movies are a treat to watch. Who can forget the marvelous actor Jimmy Stewart, a treat to watch in the 1954 Alfred Hitchcock movie, 'Rear Window.' I love watching the Turner Classic Movies. Recently I watched Jimmy Stewart in the romantic comedy 'The Shop Around The Corner.' The acting is superb by all the cast. There are lots of tongue and cheek lines which are hilarious. This is really a delightful and entertaining movie and should not be missed if you've not seen it yet.
@howard96h (11665)
• New York, New York
I have not seen either of these but I will put them on my list of movies to see. I love Turner Classic Movies. I watch a lot of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford movies, just watched again "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane", what a crazy movie. LOL
@Micmac (6847)
Hi @howard96 There is a remake of 'The Shop Around the Corner'- (1940) called 'You've Got Mail' - (1998) with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. That was a good watch too but nothing as well performed as 'Shop Around The Corner' which is far superior in my opinion. Oh yea, 'What Ever Happened to Baby Jane' was a creepy movie. I watched it many times. I am a fan of Bette Davis, Joan Crawford too.
@howard96h (11665)
• New York, New York
@Micmac I will have to check out this movie 'You've Got Mail' too. I love the old movies and old time stars, what class they had and the clothes were soooo nice, my favorite are the clothes from the 40's.
@Micmac (6847)
@howard96h Me too, and the old time actresses were more glamorous back then such as the sultry Lauren Bacall. The clothes were chic in the 40's, trench coats, hats, padded shoulders like Humphrey and Ingrid Bergman in 'Casablanca.' Hope you see 'You've Got Mail' - awesome movie!
You can say that again. Old is real gold. Those were the days that I was so obsessed with movies that I have lost count of the movies I watched of every genre. These days I find no time unfortunately.
@Micmac (6847)
I never get tired of watching those good old time movies. The old black and white classic film noir movies are my favorite genre. For sure @allknowing, the old gold movies are a real treasure.
@howard96h (11665)
• New York, New York
@Micmac I never get tired watching them either.
@howard96h (11665)
• New York, New York
@allknowing You got that right, old is real gold!
@topffer (30594)
• France
I saw long ago "Rear Window" in French, but I never saw the original version. I watched a few months ago several old Hitchcock B&W movies on Youtube. My preferred is "Notorious" with Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman. Probably his best thriller. I have never seen "The Shop Around The Corner".
@Micmac (6847)
@topffer Yes, Cary Grant, a stellar actor, was great in 'Notorious' and I liked him in Hitchcock's 'North by Northwest,' 'To Catch a Thief,' and 'Father Goose' with the adorable Leslie Caron. There are many Hitchcock movies I haven't watched yet, I have to catch up. My fav Hitchcock movie is his horror thriller, 'The Birds.'
@howard96h (11665)
• New York, New York
@topffer Cary Grant, what an actor. I love when they have on those mini marathons where they show his movies all night long.
@howard96h (11665)
• New York, New York
@Micmac the birds, what a movie!
@prashu228 (22865)
@Micmac AT first sight i thought you were talking about old Mylot which was like gold , going through your topic i found that it was about movies . I have no idea about the actor though i heard about rare window .
@Micmac (6847)
@prashu228 I can see why you thought that from the title considering old myLot was as good as gold too. 'Rear Window' is an exciting mystery thriller. Jimmy Stewart's movies are fascinating. Such a versatile actor. What old movies inspire you?
@prashu228 (22865)
@Micmac Thank you very much for letting me know about two more horror movies. I will definitely watch them.
@Micmac (6847)
@prashu228 You're welcome, no problem. It's nice to find another horror movie fan here.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I love also to watch old films. One of my favs is Wuthering Heights. I love the wild and windy scenes!
@Micmac (6847)
@TiarasOceanView Quite a grand old English Gothic movie, Wuthering Heights. The atmosphere on the moors is a nice haunting view in the story. Great movie, I've watched it many times.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Micmac Thanks Miki, I like it too.
@kepweng (6354)
hope they make a New Remake in these film you agree?
@Micmac (6847)
@kepweng There is the movie Disturbia, a loosely remake of Rear Window. Remakes are rarely as good as the original.
@kepweng (6354)
@Micmac disturbia about serial killer??
@Micmac (6847)
@kepweng Yes, that's the one. Disturbia is a pretty good movie. I watched it and liked Shia LaBeouf's acting in this movie. Hope you get to see it.
• Austin, Texas
"Old is gold." I like the way you put that. I agree with you and am so grateful for TV channels that show the old movies and can also find some on Netflix.
@Micmac (6847)
@cmoneyspinner Yes, what would we do without the old time good movies? They are eternal works of art! I am watching a bunch of old film noir and classic thriller mystery movies on YouTube and I've discovered many old shows that I haven't seen before.
@flowerchilde (12520)
Oh yes! I love the old black and white movies more than any others.. and Jimmy Stewart is a favorite actor..
@Micmac (6847)
@flowerchilde I am gravitating mostly towards watching old movies right now. The scripts and dialogues were so much better in the classic movies than contemporary movies.
I love, love the movie "Rear Window", one of the best movie ever to me.
@Micmac (6847)
@marlina I've watched 'Rear Window' numerous times and I know I will watch it again because I never get tired of seeing this movie. You're right, it is a superb movie and a great thriller!