A stormy Saturday afternoon

By Gina
@Gina145 (4004)
Johannesburg, South Africa
It's not supposed to rain in August. Officially it's still winter and I live in a summer rainfall area. But somebody seems to have lost the agenda because spring came early this year, and with it came our first thunderstorm of the season. Thankfully it wasn't as frightening as they can get here, because the thunder and lightening started while I was working on my bonsai trees and I was doing delicate work which I couldn't abandon half way. I suppose when I saw the cloud build-up I should have known better than to start the job, but our weather forecast did say 0% chance of rain. Shows how much they know!
@kaka135 (14087)
The weather has become unusual, and I guess the forecast just can't predict it accurately anymore. Hope you'll have a good weather tomorrow.
@Gina145 (4004)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thanks @kaka135 . Today was a perfect spring day. Hard to believe that it's still winter here.
@kaka135 (14087)
@Gina145 It's good to hear that. I always thought there is quite a clear cut before the seasons. I read that sometime in Spring, there is still snowing. As I am staying in a tropical country, I do not experience the beauty of 4 seasons. The weather can be so "flickering".
@Gina145 (4004)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@kaka135 Snow is very rare where I live. I've only seen it about three times in my life, but one of those occasions was in spring. And I don't really think we have 4 seasons here either because we almost go straight from winter into summer.
@jobelbojel (7163)
Hey @Gina145 do take care. I am afraid of lightning. It is still raining here in the Philippines because of the typhoon.
@Gina145 (4004)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@jobelbojel I'm afraid of lightning too. Hopefully we won't have another storm for a while because it's not storm season yet. It sounds like you need to take care too. I've never experienced a typhoon but they sound frightening.
@kaka135 (14087)
@jobelbojel Hope everything is fine over your country. I read that typhoon can be really scary.
@Avijit100 (953)
• Calcutta, India
@Gina145 Almost all the things you mentioned about the weather change and also about the faulty weather prediction is quite similar to what we have here. Nice that this sudden change in weather wasn't as bad as it could have got.
@Gina145 (4004)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Avijit100 I think that climate change is definitely a reality. I really like having warm weather earlier than usual, but don't enjoy the storms.