Books, books, books!

Pensacola, Florida
I finished the book I had been reading last night. It was the second book in Ransom Riggs, "Miss Peregrines's Peculiar Children" series, it was pretty good, not as good as the first, but still pretty good. I am now at a impass, there are several different books in my to be read (TBR) stack and also loaded onto both my Kindle and Scribd app, but yet here I am looking through other books to read, trying to find something new. It's not like the other ones are going anywhere, and I am always looking for new authors to find and new worlds and books to discover. So I thought I would ask all y'all pretty people what the last book you finished was?
@sunnypub (2130)
Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel. My daughter finally got interested enough to read it and the entire series so I started to re read them so she had someone to talk to about them. It had been years since I read them so I needed a refresher in order to really discuss them with her.
• Pensacola, Florida
Ill have to look those up, I don't think I have ever heard of them before.
@sunnypub (2130)
@lexiconlover It is The Earth Children Series by Jean M Auel. Clan of the Cave Bear is the first one, which came out in the early 1980s. This series was huge when I was growing up. It takes you back to the time of Neanderthals, where a tribe finds what they call an "other", a blonde blue eyed straight legged girl who is vocal (homosapien). The series follows her life. It really is fascinating. They made a movie back in the 80s but it was terrible. The books are great although at time the author spends too much time describing the flora and fauna. It is fantastic at first but in the later books it just seems repetitive. A great story though.
@else34 (13602)
• New Delhi, India
@sunnypub The last book in English I finished was about the adventures of Kenneth Anderson in Indian forests.
The last book I have finished has been "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. Now I am planning to read "Inferno".
• Pensacola, Florida
I have read one of his books, but I can't remember what book it was. I'll add him to my to read list!
• Rochester, New York
I too read the first book in the Ransom Riggs series and have book two but have not started it. I own a lot of books and not all of them have I read but I am like you and acquire more or start another series before I am done with one. Do you have a Goodreads account? I just finished Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep and I am reading Finders Keepers by Stephen King and Cross Fire by James Patterson and two others
@kiran8 (15399)
• Mangalore, India
I read a lot of books, at times two books at the same time ..I just finished a good book Triple Factor by an author named Owen Sela...He has written quite a few books, most of them political thrillers !
@else34 (13602)
• New Delhi, India
The last book I had read and finished in one sitting was a novel in my mother tongue Hindi.I began reading it and shut it only after the last page was read.