My New Workout

About one year ago I prayed and asked God to help me to lose weight. To help me with my appetite. I also signed up for the Weight Loss Center in Sayre, Pa. I weighed about 250 pounds. Today, I weigh about 195 pounds and have another 45 pounds to go. I am using a new exercise program called "Just Walk", by Leslie Sansone. She has a 20 minute workout, a 30 minute workout and a 40 minute workout. I prefer the 30 minute 4 days a week and the 40 minute 2 days per week. I love the power walking and the different exercises in between the power walking. It is duable. It isn't overwhelming it's just enough for me. I was doing a 45 minute walk on a treadmill and then 45 minutes of floor exercises using a universal gym and various other exercises. It was very strenuous and required a lot of sacrifice. I started having back trouble and had to go to physical therapy. That is why I am doing the power walking now and it works for me. Since I still had to find something for an exercise program. After my friend gave me the "Just Walk" dvd, I have chosen that as my new exercise program and I really like it. I have to give God the glory because without His help I'd still be 250lbs. God cares about everything in our lives and wants to help us. I leave you with this thought. What have you got to lose by turning to God for whatever help you may need in your life. God's Son, Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and yours. You may say to yourself, well I'm a pretty good person. Well, if you've ever lied you broke God's law which requires payment for that debt. Jesus Christ made the payment on the cross for ALL my sins and yours. John 3:16 says; "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him will not perish (got to hell) but have eternal life. We are not promised tomorrow and we never know when our time is up. Don't put off the most important decision of your life. Where will you spend eternity?
Walking is indeed a good form of exercise. You only need a good pair of walking shoes and an endless pavement of road and you are all set.
@kiran8 (14514)
• Mangalore, India
I agree, I too feel that walking is the best exercise and you can do it all the time, even when you are speaking on your phone or just walk around the house when you feel like it...
I like to walk on pavement with a friend when the weather is right and theres no bear around, which our neighbors have seen and I am terrified of bear. So, this dvd is a great alternative I have found that burns calories. Acquaitances, friends and family are all seeing results, so its working for me. But cha know we are all different different strokes for different folks what works for one may not work for another.
@kiran8 agree with you 100%!
@Micmac (6517)
I have several dvd workouts by Leslie Sansone. I love her walking exercises. It helps me stay fit. I enjoy her workout program as it 's easy and effective.
Yes a friend of mine gave me one of Leslie Sonomes dvd and I just love it. It's not too much and I always feel good after the 30 minute workout.
@kiran8 (14514)
• Mangalore, India
I am not sure whether this is your post or an article you have posted, however, if you are interested , I have a discussion gong on about weight loss as well...
Well, this is not an ad for lose weight pill or any diet plan...I am sharing my own experience on how easy it is to lose weight ! 3 steps is all that it takes...
This is definitely a post. Just sharing my personal experiences with weight loss and the fact that God is the definite source of my weight loss. What the Lord has me doing is definitely working, so I'll stick to what works. Thank you.
@Jlyn10 (10437)
I know you will lose the other 45 pounds in no time at all (with God's help, of course). I have not weighed myself for a very long time but I don't think I am overweight although I feel I am a bit fatter now then before because I can feel my skirts and pants are a bit tighter now. Most of the time, after having my lunch or dinner, I would take a little walk around my apartment area (or in the case of lunch, around my office area) before sitting down and doing whatever it is that I will be doing. it doesn't help in loosing much weight but at least it is better than not doing anything at all. You are right that God cares about everything in our lives and He's always ready to help us if we seek Him. And I wouldn't say that I am a pretty good person because we are not perfect and we all sin everyday. We just need to confess our sins, repent and make ourselves right with God again and try our best not to commit that sin again.
@simone10 (22271)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Congratulations on your weight loss. I love to walk and always have. It isn't hard on your joints and you can go at your own pace.
The first and foremost credit goes to Jesus. I do what is called power walking the DVD by Leslie Sonome and I love it. I used to walk but then neighbors mentioned a couple of bear sightings and I am terrified of bear so God gave me an alternative which I really do enjoy.
@simone10 (22271)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@Butchcass4 Oh, I would be scared of bears as well. It's good that you had an alternative plan.
@simone10 Yes I am glad I have an alternative to walking
@Shyamalaa (539)
• Udaipur, India
That is a big achievement, and with God's grace, you will achieve your ultimate goal.
@rakski (2588)
yes, walking can do a lot. I used to walk a lot for my exercise but stopped when I quit my work to be a stay at home mom. Now, I want to give it a try again to lose weight also.
@sofssu (14748)
I've never heard of this .. bit I walk and it has helped me so much.. I have 20 pounds to go.