A Barrel of Laughs

By Miki
@Micmac (6847)
Initially I am a horror/mystery movie buff, but I like to see musical movies too. 'It Started With Eve,’a great 1941 musical comedy drama with the great British actor Charles Laughton and the talented Deanna Durbin. The movie involves hilarious mishaps and mistaken identity. Charles Laughton as the father is absolutely top notch. Deanna Durbin sings beautifully and is a gifted actress. This movie made me laugh from beginning to end. What can you say about musical movies - any recommendations or favorites you like to share?
@kepweng (6349)
have you watch lala land? and grim tales
@Micmac (6847)
@kepweng Yes, I just saw LaLa Land recently. Not one of my favorite musicals, though. What is the movie Grim Tales about?
• Preston, England
Singin' In The Rain is definitive, but I like the Gold-diggers series of musicals and anything with Fred & Ginger, plus Anchors Aweigh.
@Micmac (6847)
@arthurchappell Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire, quite a sensation! I love Fred Astaire in the musical, 'Daddy Long Legs' and 'Funny Face.' I'm also a big fan of Leslie Caron and enjoy her romantic comedy musical, 'Gigi.' Other musicals, I find entertaining are 'Sound of Music,' 'Fiddler On The Roof,' 'Grease' and 'HairSpray.'