Have you regretted a purchase lately?

I was just wondering about how I spent my money over the past few weeks. I can't think of anything that was not needed to be honest. I was able to hold on to a few bucks for like two weeks. I think I did pretty darn good to be honest. I know back in the days I regretted buying soda. My coke is sure not on that list these days. I limit myself to one bottle every few days. If you regretted buying anything did you return it?
@Rollo1 (16689)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I haven't regretted anything because I usually think long and hard before making a decision to buy anything. There are some things I wanted rather than needed, but I still am happy to have them.
@Rollo1 (16689)
• Boston, Massachusetts
@Butchcass4 Some vehicles are prohibitively expensive when it comes to gas mileage.
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
Lately we have not had any regrets because we were able to get all our bills caught up before making any purchases. In past years in order to get the kids ready for back to school we would have to juggle a few bills and pay them late, and get only the bare necessities for the kids. This year we not only paid all the bills, but we had $700 to go spend on school clothes so the kids could pick out anything they wanted.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
This is so wonderful Kat!
@cynthiann Thanks Cynthi... don't think that I've forgotten how helpful you were to me in our rougher times! I'm glad that we are no longer in a situation to require any outside help!
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
@katsmeow1213 But if it should come to that again then call on me please!
I think about what I really want and than save for it. I do not regret anything that I buy.
That is good too. I started saving and now it has become a favorite thing to do. I like knowing I can touch money when I really need it.
That's great if you are saving up for things that you want to buy. It gives you more time to decide if really want to purchase it. Even if you decide not to go through with the purchase, you would have saved some cash which is good.
@lady1993 (17726)
recently, i bought expensive earphones, and i am not even sure if it is authentic I made a totally rash decision, and i am contemplating on going back to the store but i do not know what to say
If you have the receipt I think that they'll just take them back won't they?
Just say you would like to return these and they will give you a refund provided you can give proof of purchase.
@Lushlala (939)
• Gaborone, Botswana
@sharon6345 or even ask for a credit note so you can at least get something else. A lot of stores don't mind that because it's not actually giving you back your money.
@rusty2rusty (6769)
• Defiance, Ohio
I have not regretted a purchase. As I do not buy anything my family doesn't need. Unless it is a birthday. However, I do regret not having more money at times. When I have to pinch pennies and decide if I have enough for name brand or be forced to buy an off brand that will change the taste in the meal.
That makes me not even want it to be honest. Like some things in no name are just plain awful. There is not beating it sometimes to be honest. I just can't buy off brand pasta sauce. I am not that good a cook to fix it to a good meal.
• Defiance, Ohio
@sharon6345 I agree. Many off brand spaghetti sauces I tend to add my own spices to make it taste better. I try to keep up with my spices. Lately I have been running low.
@rusty2rusty Because,I am clueless in what to buy for that I refuse to buy the off brands. I tried a few times and the entire pot went in the trash. That was not cool wasting food like that.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
About 4 years ago I was inspired by someone on Mylot to buy a bread machine. She went on about now wonderful it was and I am a bread person. I drove 2 hours to Montego Bay to get one. It was the last in the shop and had no instructions but I bought it. I downloaded the instructions and then got very confused as I could not follow them.[em]confused[/em I am looking at the box holding the bread making machine right now as it is still on top of my closet! Ah well - one day! I don't usually make impulse buys and one day will plan to learn how to use it!
Sell it at a yard sale and go buy one from the store that comes with instructions! There are specific recipes to use for bread machines, and a new one from the store will have those recipes. I used to own a bread machine and we loved having fresh bread frequently.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
@katsmeow1213 There is nothing like the smell of home made bread. I used to make it when we lived on the farm but my hand. Not prepared to do it by hand any longer as it takes so long. Thanks for the advice.
I wish for your sake you do because that could not be a cheap item to buy. I buy with care anything I need to learn from. I want a deep fryer and that I will research before I buy it.
I really don't have any regrets when it comes to buying stuff. I do not have impulse purchases. Sometimes, when I have the itch to purchase stuff, I sleep on it and if I still want to buy it after 24 hours, I go ahead and research on-line about the item. This helps me think and reconsider if I really do want the item or not. If after 72 hours, I'm still thinking about the item, I go ahead and buy it.
That is what I am doing with a purchase on the tv. I am waiting to get more reviews online for it. so far they are awesome.
@sharon6345 Good for you then. Hopefully, you come to a decision soon.
The only things I bought that I regret was some frozen fish at Walmart and u can bet your boots I am taking them back. No problem tho as it is Walmart which has never given me any problem for returns.
Wow I never had a problem with fish there. Your right though returns are easy there I guess it maes shopping there easy too.
@Butchcass4 (6031)
Speaking of regrets for buying things we have a 1999 Ford Explorer Sport and it has been eating up our savings every time we turn around. Unfortunately we are not in the position to buy another used vehicle. It's easier to come up with repair cost than 2-3,000.00 for a used vehicle that we won't know for sure isn't another lemon. Ugh!
I was going to buy a car next month. I got some anxiety every day thinking about it because,I can't tell if I am buying someone's junk. I know your feelings.
So sorry to hear that you bought a lemon. Ugh!
@alberello75 (17539)
• Genova, Italy
Well dear friend. Sometimes too, I often realize to spend more money than necessary. However, at least also here in Italy, prices of items on sale, are very high. Consequently, it is easy to "empty" the portfolio only for things that, in the end, would not be necessary.
In that case I would be very careful in spending anything at all. Thanks for sharing. Please send your posts my way.
@tiffnkeat (1679)
Everything that I needed not I regretted. There are many such things, but the greed in me cause me to be poor. There is so little we need, yet so much we want (or think we need). We regret, and then continue to make the same mistake over and over again. At least in your case it is just a soda a day. Imagine if it is something that cost much more.
@sacmom (14315)
No, not lately. I did regret buying a used car some years ago though! lol
No regret lately of buying something. I am pretty careful with my money. I am not a #big spender.
@Lushlala (939)
• Gaborone, Botswana
Sadly, I'm one of those people who doesn't return things i've bought only to find I didn't like them. I think i'd feel guilty. If it's faulty or it's the wrong fit, then I'll return it in a heartbeat. I haven't actually gone clothes shopping in ages because I'm not exactly flash with money at the moment.
@patgalca (14410)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I ordered a few things online that I am regretting due to our financial situation. The vitamins supplements that I have a hard time finding I don't regret. The t-shirt, mildly regret. The boots, probably shouldn't have done that. We'll see when they get here and I try them on whether I will keep them or not.