Daily Challenge Day 6

@TLChimes (4842)
I don't feel well so I may not be at my best. Do what you can with today's question.... Question: What did you have for dinner? My Answer: My oldest still at home and I went out for dinner in celebration of my mother's birthday. I had a salad and pasta. Every year my mother and I went out to a "fancy" by our standard dinner. It was for always around the birthdays. When mom passed, my child suggested we keep up the tradition. So for the second year in a row, that's what we did.
• Pune, India
@TLChimes, I was not feeling much hungry, so I had little rice with dal.
@else34 (13610)
• New Delhi, India
Yesterday was festival day,dear.Rakshabandhan.I enjoyed puri and gram curry as my dinner last night.
@TLChimes (4842)
Best to eat only as much as you feel like. leaves more for when you need it.
Happy birthday. For dinner, yesterday, I have prepared breaded veal, French fries and a salad.
@TLChimes (4842)
That sounds really good.
Tonight,I had a gyro with rice from the truck in Manhattan. It was really good and I still have more left.
@TLChimes (4842)
YUM!
@else34 (13610)
• New Delhi, India
Last night dinner was cooked by my sisters.I enjoyed our pure Indian dish 'puri' and 'gram curry.'
@TLChimes (4842)
I will have to look into what that is. I love learning (and trying) about new foods.
@TLChimes (4842)
@else34 I will most certainly!
I haven't had any. I hate tripping down stairs to get to the kitchen and there isn't much in there anyway. So no dinner as yet.
@TLChimes (4842)
My son calls that "EEEFFFFOOORRRTTTT" said in a really whiny voice. Then he either gets food an hour later or looks at me and says "When you going shopping?" to which I answer "when money falls out my...... " He rolls his eyes and has a bowl of noodles.
@TLChimes Well, no money has fallen out of there as yet and won't for another two or three days. Love this time of the month.
@TLChimes (4842)
@celticeagle Yep.... The last week is the best.... Hmmm what can we throw into this pot? I have learned some amazing tricks with rice.... okay no I haven't ..it's the same rice just dressed up with whatever we can. And pasta... and the doctor say "that's bad for you, you need to eat more balanced" In short... yep, I get it.
Happy Birthday memories to TLChimes' Mom. I had a black forest ham sandwich and 2 macadamia nut cookies from Subway.
@TLChimes (4842)
I LOVE their cookies! I get the sweet onion chicken when I go.
@TLChimes The macadamia nut and oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorites at Subway. I almost got the sweet onion chicken sandwich but went for the ham instead. If I think of it, I'll have to get the sweet onion chicken next time I go there.
@TLChimes (4842)
@bluerubymoon53 Oh my, the Oatmeal is my favorite.... not that I would turn any of them.
I got lazy and walked to 7/11 for a foot long hot dog and pop for only $2.
@TLChimes (4842)
You got exercise and cheap food. Win win. What do you put on your hot dogs? I like mine either with chili or with relish and Ketchup
@1wldngl (3991)
Hey...suggest these to me. I get behind and am always late to the discussion. Now...I can't even remember what I had.
@TLChimes (4842)
Ok. I will from now on. I don't even find half of the "friends" posts. I get a few suggested but I didn't suggest any because well... you know me.. I don't want to be a burden... creepy kid sister kind of thing. What are you having for dinner tonight and can I come over?
@1wldngl (3991)
@TLChimes I begged my mom for a sister!! All that testosterone......
@fufurinha (11520)
• Portugal
I had a pastry cake with meat and vegetables. It was really yummy.
@TLChimes (4842)
It sounds like it. I have had different versions of pastries with meats and vegetables ... a Scottish type, and an American "pot pie" that I make myself (chicken or beef)
@fufurinha (11520)
• Portugal
@TLChimes this was similar to that pot pie.
@GreatMartin (4540)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Hope you are feeling better!
@TLChimes (4842)
Still worn out but not feeling so sick. Progress. and Thank you.
@Marcyaz (35672)
For dinner yesterday I had chicken, scalloped potatoes and corn on the cob. To drink I had iced tea with no sugar. It was very good. Happy Belated Birthday to you.
@TLChimes (4842)
My mother's birthday, but thank you. We would go out for hers in the fall and mine in the spring. She passed a little over a year ago but my child thought we should keep it up the tradition in her memory. Your dinner sounds like my families "Sunday Dinner" - we always make enough for Monday's lunch.