A Gamer Family Dilemna

@1wldngl (3996)
My fiancee likes to game. He has a PS3 and a PS4. My son likes to game and has an XBOX 360. I....do not.....and I didn't even know what these things were until I met my fiancee. Seriously...these game systems have this controller that has like a million buttons on it...ok...I'm exaggerating by a few hundred thousand. HA! Whatever happened to the simple joystick that did everything? I can't even remember 5 buttons much less a million!! I wish there was a game that they could play and I could watch, like the Clash of Clans app. Something more family oriented that engaged the whole family. I guess you have to go to the Wii systems for something closer to that. I don't like playing but I do like to watch something of interest. Someone needs to invent a family oriented game!! But I guess they don't get their money from those people...now...do they?
@Bluedoll (16822)
I think most systems have two controllers but I might be wrong on that. Still two can play and others watch the game play waiting their turn and can comment while watching or be told to be quiet which is still considered interactive family time. Okay, what kind of game do you think would be appealing that is not out there yet?
@1wldngl (3996)
Do you happen to remember the PC version of Warcraft? Before it was an online community? Everything happened right then and you didn't have to wait for 13 hours for your house to build. LOL
@Bluedoll (16822)
@1wldngl Don't laugh at me, I never played it but I know how popular it is. My games have been pong. a car game n.f.s and the sims. I'll play an online game now and then to see what it is like. Do you consider warcraft a family game? I know usually the kids pick it but sometimes I think they pick it because that is what is on the shelf. Just curious.
@Bluedoll (16822)
@1wldngl Oh okay I see what you are getting at. Thanks. I know I use sims 3 and sims 1 was very different but there are add on's that questionable when it comes to ratings. They say teen but.. well same as television viewing.
@Rosekitty (19498)
• San Marcos, Texas
My 3rd Son..has everything you can imagine to play games..he and your Fiancee would get a long great..who knows??..they maybe playing games together and have no idea?? When the playstation first came out many years ago..Jeremy and i stayed the night camped out in front of target..what a bonding night we had..
@1wldngl (3996)
My guy's name is Jeremy! LOL
@1wldngl (3996)
@Rosekitty No...my Jeremy is nearly 40! LOL
@Rosekitty (19498)
• San Marcos, Texas
@1wldngl my oldest is 44..named Jeff..Jake 36 and then Jeremy 31 as you can see i like J
Try giving them Contra. It is a multi-player game. Once, I was playing that with my Mum's cousin and basically everyone in the house watching the game was involuntarily shouting at us. It was as if they were playing it instead of us. :P
@1wldngl (3996)
Will look at that one, thanks!
@1wldngl This is what contra is like: By the way, have you tried searching it up on amazon? :P I mean this list: www.amazon.com/lm/R3TOL3KEPG9N29
El boss final del stage 3 :P n_n espero que les guste ¬¬ xD
@1wldngl (3996)
@BrainySaber Yea...I did and it doesn't like like anything I would be interested in at all.
@owstalaga (4200)
well you just have to watch when they play with the TV hooked with the game system. :) That is family oriented enough for me. If there's more than 1 console then you can use one of them. As far as I know, anyone can watch on the telly while someone else plays the game.
@1wldngl (3996)
Yes...but it has to be interesting!
@owstalaga (4200)
@1wldngl Wait till you see them play zombie apocalypse games...
@1wldngl (3996)
@Boonie1 (431)
• Ashdod, Israel
Problem is for you to enjoy watching them play you have to kind of get into whatever it is they play....so as long as you'r not really into it it doesn't matter what they play, it won't be very fun for you to watch
@1wldngl (3996)
I can get into it more watching than playing. I am not a competitive person but I love to watch and root for them. LOL
@Boonie1 (431)
• Ashdod, Israel
@1wldngl oh watching can be a lot of fun, just meant that the more you can get into the games the more fun you can have watching it lol...kind of like sports, you won't have much fun watching basketball or tennis if your not really into that
@1wldngl (3996)
@Boonie1 I understand. I only watch my son's basketball and we aren't interested in any other sports. It's only fun while he is playing.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I dont know a thing about those games but my son does. There was one tho that he showed me on the PS4 that was nothing but flowers and you just traveled along fields of green and flowers..that was the whole game. That I could love.
@1wldngl (3996)
That would put me to sleep. lol
• Lakewood, Colorado
@1wldngl Me too! I need some sort of action!
• Marion, Kansas
I was at a home yesterday where five grandkids, ranging in age from six to thirteen were trying to get along with Minecraft. Not interesting to me, but at least part of the time they played together, but I am not sure what system they were using.
@1wldngl (3996)
Minecraft is not my thing either. I tried it...too boring. I'm not a builder.
Minecraft is boooring...I am not a builder lol.
There are certain games my husband plays that I don't care about and bores me. But then there are games we can play together and enjoy. I'm competitive with fighting games and love trying to whoop his butt. I also like certain RPG's that I play alone and he'll sometimes watch me play while doing his own thing and vica versa. My son is too young, but knowing my husband and his gaming, it won't be long lol. We also like to do puzzles, board games and card games together.
@1wldngl (3996)
I am NOT competitive at all. J used to really like to win...now...he's way more laid back because he loves me and doesn't want me to feel bad. LOL
We have a plethora of systems here. I have an xbox 360, Xbox one and PSP. My uncle has the PS4 and a few different systems that are knock back's to atari, coleco vision, and the earlier nintendo's. Minecraft is a building game that can be fun to watch.
@1wldngl (3996)
Oh..my...gosh...that thing would put me to sleep watching it. LOL