Felt so bad all day!!

My son went to start his new job today, but forgot his social security card. You need that when you start a new job. He left immediately and was told to call when he had his social security card. So we came home to try to find it, and I couldn't find it anywhere! The last time we had it was when we went to get his driver's permit back in February. I had all of his stuff in one envelope. The social security card, his birth certificate, everything. Now all of that is missing! I felt horrible because he needs one of those things in order to start his new job. So I just ordered him a new birth certificate. I paid $50 to have it shipped overnight because I don't have the time to go down and get it myself, but he needs to have it quickly so that he can start working. Hopefully he will have it by Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, but I'm thinking Tuesday because they'll ship it out tomorrow and he'll get it on Tuesday. Then he can finally start the new job! I really hope this delay doesn't mess up his chances at having this job! That would make me feel so much worse! I also need to check on his credit to make sure he hasn't had his identity stolen due to the fact that we can't find his social security card!
I hope he still will be able to have that job. Did he explain to them what happened.
He's going to call the boss today to tell her that he's getting a new birth certificate, so we'll find out whether or not he still gets the job.
@sacmom (14317)
Oh, that's too bad! I hope that his boss doesn't hold it against him!
I hope not either. I'll found out later today if he'll still have the job. He's going to call her and tell her he ordered a new birth certificate.