Would you date someone with nothing?

@kevin1877uk (36141)
Would you date someone with nothing? Would you date someone who doesn’t have anything? I lost everything in my last relationship. I give everything up for my last partner just to be with her. I gave up my home so currently homeless. I don’t have a job, so no money to speak of. So would you date someone with nothing, no home, no job, no money?
My first love and I were 16 with nothing. I got a job at 17 and he did not. I got tired of him not putting in any effort to get a job. I got tired of paying for everything. When we broke up he got a job. Go figure. My husband and I started dating at 19 and we both had jobs, but not at all rich. What we have now, we built together. If I ever was to become single again (I pray not) and I became interested in someone jobless or homeless or both, it would all have to depend on the circumstances and if he was putting in any effort on trying to make a better life for himself. I learned the hard way not to fall in love with lazy jerks.
@DanielGirl80587 Oh there are so many lazy jerks out there!!!
@Shellyann36 Sadly there are Doesn't mean I have to put up with it!
@DanieGirl80587 That is exactly right!
• Seattle, Washington
I was with someone who had nothing, I helped him build back up and lost everything when we split. I Have again lost everything when my car broke down. I understand being with nothing and have built my way back up on more than one occasion. That being said I would have to consider why a person has lost everything and what they are doing to build themselves back up. If they have nothing and no ambition either that's not something that I would want in a partner. However if they have ambition and are trying to better themselves and their situation I would love to stand with a man who was working towards something and build it together.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
Thank you, I have I'm looking for work and I hope that soon I'll be back on my feet. Sorry to hear our story.
• Seattle, Washington
@kevin1877uk That is awesome good luck with your search I really hope things come together quickly for you!
@kevin1877uk (36141)
@linlifeandlivin Thank you, I hope so too.
@dlr297 (5267)
Back before i married when i was dating i was still in high school so yes i dated and married someone with nothing....But that was a long time ago...We built everything that we have together... My husband worked in construction...so through the years it was either have or have not...but we always held it together...
@1wldngl (3996)
I did. After my divorce I figured I was old enough to make some changes and I decided NOT to put any qualifiers on people. The only thing I was adamant about was that I only date males and they would know if they hurt my son..in any way...they would regret it. I didn't look for a certain look, a certain class, color, economic level...anything. I just talked to people. My fiancee was on the road, traveling with a job. It was not a good place to be and he quit it to come home. He was living with his mother, no job, and an old ratty car that he paid about $700 for. Now...he didn't stay like that. He got a job within 2 months of coming home and he is still there. But...yea...I did. It's not what someone HAS that makes them desireable. It is their heart, their smile, their laughter, their ideas, their mind and the way they treat others. Looks, money, skin color...all that is just trappings that will not make any difference in the end.
When I started dating my husband he had nothing. He lived in the house of an aunt, had not a fixed job and no money. He found a job a couple of months later and after two years he has been self employed. It's not because you have nothing that this is you will have nothing for the rest of your life. This is the right time to find a real friend or girlfriend.
@PhredWreck (6095)
Gotta say, when I was in that situation, no one wanted to date me. Of course, no one still wants to date me, so it must just be me.
@Shellyann36 (8598)
It would depend on the person. Money is not everything in life. If a person is struggling in life but at least making an honest effort to make their life better I feel as if it is ok to give them a fair chance.
Agreed
my hubby and I did that and were married for 33 years
@Hatley It is possible to survive in a "money poor" marriage/relationship. As long as both people are working at it and I mean really trying to get their acts together.
@cupkitties (6703)
Oh my parents would have something to say about it, especially my dad.lol But, I would.My ex was jobless and we lived with his parents when we first got married. We both got jobs very soon after though. He needs to at least have some ambition and be working hard to get out of that situation.
@besweet (7340)
• Greece
Ambition and determination are the most important in that kind of situations. Life can be hard sometimes, we should stay motivated and try to be better every day.
If I really loved the person I would. they could always turn their life around.
@sofssu (14735)
I guess I dated and married someone with close to nothing. Maybe I'll do it for love.
The first serious relationship of my life was founded with me being employed and he not being. Still I moved in with him and his family, and shortly before doing that, I quit my job. I did so because that place of employment was not for me. I was working very very long hours and it was affecting my health. However, quitting that job at a time when the job market and economy was at it's lowest... well it would prove to put a damper on the budding romance. Though we survived for quite some time, and he and I did eventually find a job, the damage had been done. I am not saying that every relationship is the same nor am I saying that a relationship founded with one or both being unemployed or homeless would lead to trouble... I guess what I am saying is that it takes a very strong set of people to move past the financial burdens of very little income. Would I do it again? I don't think I would but I will not honestly say that I would not either.
@Porcospino (16435)
• Denmark
When I met my husband he didn't have his own home or a job. Those things didn't matter to me and we became a couple anyway. He had lots of debt when we met. We have been together for 7 years and it will take us one more year to pay off the debt. I have never been rich, and I didn't expect a luxurious lifestyle when my husband and I became a couple. We are still struggling to pay the bills, but things will get better when we get rid of my husband's debt.
I'm sorry you experienced this bad things... If you don't mind, please let me know why she left you after you give everything? Is she your wife or girlfriend? Call me weird or whatever, but I don't think man must give everything for their girlfriend ( it would be different if she is your wife already ). Relationship shouldn't be like that. If your money and materialize things talks first, yes it's possible she left you after all the fun and the party ends. I believe money is important, but it's not the number one and not the only one. Would I date someone with nothing? If he is Leonardo di Caprio on Titanic, I will . He has nothing ( in term of 'money' or pride or wealth ) but he has something that excites me .
sis @redvakaurvaki , check this topic The topic starter posted a discussion about what happened to his life in that link.
Have you ever felt you’ve been used? I don’t really want to put my personal life here online, I did that with Bubblews however something eating away at...
@Miss_Wulans Thank you for the link, sist. I don't know if the story is that sad. It's ironic how a woman could leave a man that way.
I can deal with a broke man as long as he loves me. I went out with two brokies and they both cheated on me.
@kevin1877uk (36141)
Sorry to hear they cheated on you, that's something I wouldn't do, one person,person
@Marcyaz (36111)
I probably would give the person a chance if actively looking for work and able and willing and treats me with respect. Although I have no interest in dating I think you will be able to find someone.
@rusty2rusty (6746)
• Defiance, Ohio
I have dated people who have nothing. I don't mind it as long as they try to improve themselves and situations.
I think there's a distinct difference between dating someone with nothing, and dating someone who has a drive to do nothing. If you're dating someone who doesn't have a job, car, home of their own, or whatever situation they might be in, but they're actively trying and have a drive to succeed in life, then that shows ambition, which is obviously a trait you'd want in your significant other. If they're just doing nothing and barely scraping by with no aspirations to do better, though, then that might be an indication that they have no desire to ever do anything better, ever achieve more, and essentially, bring you down in the process.
Sorry to hear that and I wish you well, If the person really loves someone they should stick through the good and bad times no matter what happens in their lives. If it happened to my husband and me I would still be by his side no matter what.
Sad to hear what happened to you.Hypothetically speaking,no i wouldn't have a problem but that would be taking into account the why and how of his current circumstances.Some people land in certain circumstances while others stay there.The former would be what i choose.
@ragikutty (2463)
• Kerala, India
Sad to hear your story. Don't worry about dating now. You just need your good friends and family by your side now. I would Definitely do a background check of the person I will be dating. (Though I am not planning to , as I am happily married) . If he has nothing at all I would want to know what went wrong. If the person seems to be a able person who can make a come back in life, I will do everything possible to get him back to normal.