On Line Family

@1wldngl (3991)
Over the years I have gathered an on line family of stellar caliber. I have a mom, thebeaddoodler, a brother p1kef1sh, a son PhredWreck and numerous sisters formerlyknownassomecowgirl, theRealDawn, TLChimes, purplealabaster, theBohemianHeart....the list gets longer if I go to my Facebook friends. They are all people I care a lot about and have followed their daily lives, happy, sad, and other. I know some about their families and have even met several of them in real life. I will be meeting my brother p1key this October if all goes well. I'm very excited and I hope he isn't disappointed. He will be my first "foreign" on line meeting. I know many of us have online people that we consider as close, or sometimes closer, than family. It's just fun to play family with them and even more meaningful to know they really are important in my life. You know who you are, I love you...you should know.
@PhredWreck (6051)
MAW!!! The toilet's overflowing again!!!
@1wldngl (3991)
Stop washing yir socks in there!!!!
@1wldngl At least he has now figured out that he NEEDS to wash his socks ...
@1wldngl (3991)
@purplealabaster If he ever remembers we have a washing machine it will be a miracle!
You know that we love you, too, sweetie! I think it is fantastic that you are getting to meet P1key! I am sure that neither one of you will be disappointed ... how could you be? I have never met anybody from on here, but I have talked to some people in e-mail and over the phone. The closest I came to face-to-face meeting was when MysD was supposed to be on this side of the pond or when I was supposed to be in Lambie's general area, but neither happened.
@1wldngl (3991)
People say you can't make online friends and have them be real friends. I disagree!
@Marcyaz (35671)
@1wldngl I also disagree also. Online friends can become real friends and I still communiate with some I have met.
@Marcyaz @1wldngl I am in agreement with your disagreement!
@owlwings (39225)
• Cambridge, England
I think that I've only met one person from here and that was our mutual friend the Pikefish, who gave me a fascinating personal tour of Salisbury Cathedral and, afterwards, we had a pleasant lunch in a pub. I am sure that you won't be disappointed when you meet him!
@1wldngl (3991)
I KNOW I won't. I sure wish I could have that tour though. I can't even show him the Alamo...it's 7 hours away!! LOL
@owlwings (39225)
• Cambridge, England
@1wldngl I guess he'll just have to make do with remembering it, then!
@1wldngl (3991)
@owlwings yes...yes he will!
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
and what am I chopped liver?
@1wldngl (3991)
OH MY GOD!!! I forgot to mention my TWIN!!! Here....I'll back the brownies and you sit back down and put your feet up!
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@1wldngl of course you did forget..you were looking in the mirror and thought i was there!!
@1wldngl (3991)
@Rosekitty It's like being the SAME person!!!
Having an online family is awesome! I don't know where I fit in on anyone's family tree - maybe the occasional cousin who visits, the oddball relative, the family pet? Maybe I'll be the little birdie or that nut in the tree!
@1wldngl (3991)
SQUIRRELL!!
@sacmom (14315)
@much2say Well, at least you're a squirrel. I don't fit in at all! lol
@fufurinha (11520)
• Portugal
That is a huge family you got there
@1wldngl (3991)
yea...need a bigger house!
@fufurinha (11520)
• Portugal
@1wldngl got money for that? lol
@1wldngl (3991)
@fufurinha no..and so NOT wanting to clean it! LOL
@Keola12 (717)
I agree. It's really gratifying to have such a wonderful online family. Over these past few years, I too have a number of folks I got acquainted with online. Many of them have become not only good friends, but we are close like family. It's very nice what today's technologically can do for us.
@1wldngl (3991)
I don't like to think if one of them drops off the radar.....
@Marcyaz (35671)
It definitely is wonderful what today's technologically has done and can still do for us.
@Shellyann36 (9587)
Sometimes the online family is better than the real family.
@1wldngl (3991)
Sadly that is true.
@1wldngl Yes it is very sad. Family does not seem to be what it use to be.
@topffer (34141)
• France
We love you too. I never met my myLot friends. In the past I went to a party organized for people chatting on the same French IRC channel. I was not deceived by the persons I met and I spent a very good evening/night.
@1wldngl (3991)
I have met friends from here, Facebook and Singsnap.
@rosekiss (30273)
• Eugene, Oregon
I come from a very small family, so my online family is vast, and from all over. I would miss it if I couldn't be online, and interact with myonline family. I will always be grateful for the friends I have made online, and I hope to make many more.
@1wldngl (3991)
I am too, at the very least they helped me learn to be less judgemental.
@rosekiss (30273)
• Eugene, Oregon
@1wldngl Yes that is so true too. I am happy for all my online friends. They are the best ever.
@Marcyaz (35671)
Very true and I would miss my online friends also.
That is what I enjoy here, a family reunion. I have met a few of these lovely people and if I could I would travel the world and meet many more.
@1wldngl (3991)
Wouldn't that be awesome!
@Marcyaz (35671)
That is a lovely sentiment Gerty a family reunion of online friend. It would be nice to travel and meet some lovely online friends.
@Marcyaz (35671)
Thank you and I love you also and am hoping you count me in as an online family member.
@1wldngl (3991)
myLot is definately just like a big crazy family. I'm that cousin that always spikes the punch but never drinks it!
@Marcyaz (35671)
@1wldngl Please don't spike mine as I can't drink that stuff either.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Blame it on the physical distance or even the different timezones, I have some people from around MyLot who have been close to my heart. Some of them are here on this discussion, some on Mylot and some others have not yet returned. Some others, I have lost contacts with them - but they have and always will have a special place in my heart.
@1wldngl (3991)
That's the way of it!
@sacmom (14315)
How cool! I hope the two of you hit it off beautifully!
@1wldngl (3991)
Me too!
@dawnald (84148)
• Shingle Springs, California
xo Are you going to go see P1Key, or is he coming there for some Cali Mex? :-D
@1wldngl (3991)
He is coming here for Tex Mex...we don't serve no stinkin Cali Mex. LOL And we will all be driving to see Bo!
@TLChimes (4842)
I couldn't do it without ya' Seriously, some of you are more family than we ever had with the blood relations.
@1wldngl (3991)
I feel ya sistah! I try not to dwell on how far apart we all are...
@TLChimes (4842)
@1wldngl I understand... Miles are a pain in the backside.
@TLChimes "Miles are a pain in the backside" - literally! I hate that drive across country, even though the destination makes me happy.
@Jlyn10 (10828)
I feel like we have all gone for a very long holiday and now we are all back and having a really great reunion. to everyone.
@Jlyn10 (10828)
@Unforgettable_Raja Sorry but I only got one free ticket. Maybe next time.
@1wldngl (3991)
@Jlyn10 Now now...let's share!
@Jlyn10 (10828)
@1wldngl How with one ticket? We sit on each others' laps?
@inertia4 (27665)
That is correct. We do all have somewhat of an online family here and other sites we belong to. I have made many friends online from MyLot through the years and they followed along to other writing sites I also belong to. And also met more great friends on those sites.
@1wldngl (3991)
all of which would be impossible without the internet!
@inertia4 (27665)
@1wldngl Exactly. We would never know each other if the internet never existed. How awesome is that.
@dpk262006 (56170)
You have a huge list of on line family members, where you have a twin sister, other sisters (across the world), brothers and of course friends and I noticed you have an on line 'son' also, who called you 'Mom' in this very discussion. It is nice to hear that you know them very well and care a lot about them as you would do for your real family members. Meeting a mylotter would really be an exciting and thrilling experience in itself. Hope your planned meeting with your brother p1key turns out to be a wonderful experience. I had no occasion to meet any mylotter. Although, some have become very good on line friends and we communicate through channels other than mylot. Sadly, most of them are not active in the newer version of mylot.
@1wldngl (3991)
We need to get them back!
@kaka135 (14072)
It's so nice that you have an online family out there. I always think the more, the merrier. I believe you are having lots of fun and laughter in your family.
@1wldngl (3991)
Yes, we do!