I've outgrown myself...

@Rosekitty (19441)
San Marcos, Texas
How is it that over all my years of being alive i have accumulated so much stuff? Yesterday i was going through things I have kept and wondered why?..Was it sentimental?..or am i secretly a squirrel? So today will be day 2 of cleaning and tossing and wondering which friend needs a box to live in..Irish, Michael, Unky Greggy,Sconi,TexanTornado,Topffer,thesids,Unforgettable raja,P1ke, and numerous others?? Come on by and pick up your memento of me and hope it helps through the cold winter..
@1wldngl (3991)
I hope you have me some nice hippie scarves and beads!!
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@1wldngl..many many and skirts and tops..I may fight you over some of those scarves though..
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
That should get me some space in the shelf
@1wldngl (3991)
@Rosekitty Oh crap...I'm on my way!
@topffer (34146)
• France
I am also getting rid of things accumulated during the years. I am probably also an ant or a squirrel more than a cicada. I will gladly fill one of your boxes with various stuff.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@topffer take take all you want..so many treasures so little time
@topffer (34146)
• France
@Rosekitty The idea was to fill it with my own stuff and to offer it to you
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@topffer noo..now how would your stuff help me get rid of mine?
Since 2001 we moved 4 times and every time we move we have yard sales and we clean out stuff and we still have too much stuff.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@AbbyGreenhill..I wonder if we are like ants..moving the stuff wherever we go and not thinking twice about it..???
@Rosekitty I think about it! We moved south using a 52 foot long moving van that was packed to the gills. I think about how much it cost!
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@AbbyGreenhill and then wonder why did i take all that with me???..so sorry we have it in our nature i guess
@PhredWreck (6051)
I gotta drop stuff off at storage so I have some room in my van later , but I'll drop by after I am done.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@PhredWreck..don't be late and maybe stop by and pick up the others that need a ride
@Marcyaz (35671)
Wreck you are gonna need a van to pick up all that stuff.
It seems to be the thing to do right now. Of course I am trying to move. Finding lots of stuff to clear out.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@GardenGerty maybe instead of spring cleaning its Fall cleaning
@howard96h (11659)
• New York, New York
I will stop by and pick up that apron you had me wearing when I was attending to my duties - you remember the apron, that's all I was wearing!
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@howard96h..oh yes.the apron....I've put that behind the bedroom door..waiting for you patiently to be back..
@howard96h (11659)
• New York, New York
@Rosekitty Ok, I am on my way.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@howard96h don't forget the pizza..
@Gwensmom (508)
George Carlin said that's why you buy a bigger house. Cause you have too much $h1t. You buy a bigger house so you need more $h1t to put in it. I have too much stuff as it is. And too small of a house. No room. Though I am glad you are getting rid of what you don't need. I'd really hate to see you featured on an episode of Hoarders.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@Gwensmom..I may have stuff but nothing like that show..hahaha yes loved George Carlin's show when he would mention about people and our stuff..!!
@Gwensmom (508)
@Rosekitty I think my husband has hoarder personality disorder and if he could he would save everything in case he ever needed it. Cause you never know. All those air bags from Amazon shipping will save us from buying stuff down the road.
@Gwensmom Anyone need some lovely vases of all kinds? You never know when you will be called upon to have a hostess gift ready or to host your own fancy shindig.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Now that the cleaning is underway, I am sure I am going to find some space to fit myself in and make myself comfortable ... show me the kitchen, the shower and the place where you would have stuffed all those chocos and candies
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@thesids..and now you show up when most of the work is done..ok..bedroom is over there................bathroom over there.................and kitchen is ready for you over there......................I will never divulge my hiding spots...
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
@Rosekitty I know I am late as ever. I am lazy one who did not want to help in cleaning up. All I need is some space to rest, feast and munch on chocos or cakes or candies And the bonus is that I will have company
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@thesids plenty of people here so quit eating and hold out a hand!!
@patgalca (14369)
• Orangeville, Ontario
I, too, have a lot of clutter in my house that I have to get rid of. I'm hoping to get off my duff soon and take care of it.
@Marcyaz (35671)
I think I will just stay on my duff and not do any cleaning out until I see how Rose does with her stuff.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@patgalca...are you off your duff yet?...
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@Marcyaz and you too get off your duff....we have work to do..
Thanks Rose, I will take these lovely gloves.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@TiarasOcenView..I have many colors..which ones do you want?..long or short and color please..or do you want all of them?
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Only the gloves She has more of the things that go with it. Empty the Almirah and the Cupboards too.
@ElicBxn (60884)
@Rosekitty I'll take the purple ones...
I don't keep a lot of stuff, my hubby on the other hand is just the opposite.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@Susan2015..show this column to your hubby then..hahaha
@xiaolisu (1309)
i am like you always need cleaning out .I think I am on the extreme side .I cant keep anything even it is useful for me .I never keep a supermarket receipt to the next day .I throw out a lot even someday I will use it mabey .I just feel relax when I do it
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@xiaolisu I was in a nasty divorce years ago so because of that i keep every receipt..
@ElicBxn (60884)
I don't NEED any more stuff! I've got 6 sheds of it outside!
@Marcyaz (35671)
Not another hoarder are you Elic, really 6 sheds, well now would be a good time to give some away. Or when Howard comes by on his way to Rose have him pick up a couple of sheds of stuff.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@ElicBxn..gee aren't we the little storage hoarder..hahah
@ElicBxn (60884)
@Rosekitty yeah... something like that!
Take your time clearing your way through it all. I need to do my closet.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@sharon6345..so many others to help and now your closet too..seriously we need some cabana boys..hahaha
@Marcyaz (35671)
@Rosekitty Oh no now along with Howard you want Cabana boys won't that be a bit much???
@Marcyaz (35671)
What, you can't send the stuff I want to me? Come on you just want to get rid of extras I can't drive that far. Maybe you want to make a swap for some of my stuff, what do you say?
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@Marcyaz maybe we can meet in the middle ..New Mexico??..by the way How about us shopping together once we get there?..hahah
@Marcyaz (35671)
@Rosekitty Sounds like a good plan to me, we can do some serious shopping and then have more to give away.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@Marcyaz well it never end..hahahaah
@rosekiss (30273)
• Eugene, Oregon
I have a lot too. I guess I have more than I should, and one of these days, I will have to see what I can dispose of, and things I can keep. It is amazing how much you can accumulate over the years though.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@rosekiss..well show your wares here..we seem to have a virtual yard sale going on..hahah
@rosekiss (30273)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Rosekitty I could end up with one of those too, as I have more things than I really need, and I suppose, more for sentimental reasons than anything else.
Toss all the characters in one gigantic myLot aquarium - they will be fine - hee hee! I would love to pick up more stuff, but Hubby will kill me for bringing in any more stuff - I mean, we have STUFF! The house IS the storage - ha ha.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@much2say love that..the house is the storage..
@Boonie1 (431)
• Ashdod, Israel
The amount of headphones I got that semi work is horrible I tend to keep things for too long as well, best thing is to get rid of what you don't need
@inertia4 (27665)
LOL. Nice post. I think I have outgrown myself also. In more ways than one I might add. I not only accumulated too many things, but I have gained weight as well. I am in the process of losing weight now and I will be getting to cleaning things out. I will do some spring cleaning this fall. When the weather cools down.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@inertia4 ..hope your routine works better than mine..hahah
@inertia4 (27665)
@Rosekitty I'm working on it, slowly though. I have been walking lately and I have been eating less and eating better. Staying away from the carbs.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@inertia4 my problem is i love chocolate..hahah
I need to get started on going through stuff, too. I've been off work my 3rd day now and have not even begun the sorting battle.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@bluerubymoon53..I think it is just a lazy day for everyone today
@Rosekitty Well, it's been a lazy 3 days for me. I need to get my butt in gear and get this sorting party started!! Ha!
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@bluerubymoon53 throws you a box..ok i did my part..hahaah
I think we all have a bit of 'hoarder' in us. I was looking for something the other day, and ran across a whole bunch of other stuff. Stuff that basically is just taking up room. Did I throw anything away? Nope, just too lazy. Oh oh oh.. You have a prezzie for me? How sweet of you. Ok, that means road trip.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@TexanTornado..what is it about holding on to stuff??...i'm so lazy it is like a chore to even get up to do anything today..well i brought back the trash receptacles and checked the mail..and then fell asleep on the couch..hahaha Now i'm off to make dinner..hope i don't fall asleep doing that
@Rosekitty I think some is as you said sentimental and other things I think it's a mentality of, 'I might use or need that for something', and it just accumulates. I took me an almost 2 hour nap myself today. Well, don't stand too close to the stove.
@Rosekitty (19441)
• San Marcos, Texas
@TexanTornado going to make something quick and easy..so i won't be by the stove for very long