I Have No Sense of Direction

@Hate2Iron (7855)
I haven't driven very much since I moved here, because I tend to get lost at the drop of a hat. I don't what made me think of it, but I went with my husband to Montreal Canada when the kids were little. There was a mall that was across the street, but two major lanes of traffic separated us. So, I bundled the kids into the car and turned onto the highway, expecting to get off at the next exit. It was closed and the next exit was a little too far away for my comfort. I asked for directions... in my high school French and managed to get ourselves even more lost. There was only one thing to do... ask for help. I left the car on the street and had an English speaking passer-by phone for a cab. We went back to the hotel and the first thing that hubby asked... was where's the car. Luckily I had written down the street name... I never did live that one down!
That makes two of us. I am zero at directions and have messed up my life many a time.
@Hate2Iron (7855)
Good to know that we aren't alone lol... I wonder just how many people aren't wired that way??
@Hate2Iron I avoid going to place for this reason alone
My family and friends can't believe how bad I am with directions.
At least you had the street name written down. I can even get lost in my own little hometown. I am not good at finding places.
@Hate2Iron (7855)
Yes... at least I had that. I really do have no sense of direction at all!
@Hate2Iron My husband's car has the GPS Sync system but I don't think even that would stop me from getting lost. I can start to panic if nothing looks familiar to me.
Oh no, that must have been a very frustrating experience.
@Hate2Iron (7855)
It was very scary :) I think that I could handle it better now ;)
My map reading skills are pretty bad. I always have to look at it backwards or upside down my way to fully understand it.
@Hate2Iron (7855)
I think that I'm going to insist on a GPS for my next car. At least I can get myself home! Having two little kids in the car and being lost terrified me!
When my younger sister was ill with cancer again and wanted to take her sons on a special trip she recruited me to go along. We had directions to get to a restaurant from our hotel but we would repeatedly go in circles, never did get where we going. But we had a good time.
@Hate2Iron (7855)
Well, that's all that counts then... kind of like an adventure then :)
I remember how my niece could follow directions. She had hired a car for us to go round Canada. She is from NJ and in contrast to how bad I was, I found her doing her job so beautifully.
I am bad at directions myself so I understand where you are coming from.