My Thermostat Is Broken

I actually mean my very own thermostat is broken in my body. This is a fairly new occurrence. It started in July. It is extremely hot here in Mississippi during the summer. We have had temperatures in the high nineties , but I absolutely freeze every afternoon like clock work. For some unknown reason I stay feeling like a popsicle for several hours each day. This is a really new experience for me. Normally I am very hot natured. Have you ever experienced anything like this ?
@Rollo1 (16775)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Could it be a side effect of any of the medication that you are taking, Marie?
I am only taking 100 mg of gabapentin now.
@Tampa_girl7 For many years I had hot flashes due to M, and I still have one now and then. I wonder if that is why I was so hot for all those years going through that. Or maybe since I'm older now, I'm just getting cold.
@Rollo1 (16775)
• Boston, Massachusetts
@Tampa_girl7 Well, I have a faulty body temp regulator due to a neurological condition and I am alternately hot and cold all the time. Your problem wouldn't be the same. Maybe you should ask the doctor. Is something happening in the afternoon metabolically? How's your blood pressure? I would definitely bring it up with your primary care doctor.
That's strange that it happens at the same time everyday. I wonder what is causing this. Does it only happen when you're at home or all the time?
I haven't been away from my home much lately to tell.
Yes, up until a couple of years ago I was always hot instead of cold. Now it's just the opposite. I needed a sweater on in the house a couple of days ago.
@sofssu (14870)
I used to get chills and fever in the afternoon for sometime. when my eosinophil count was high. That was a long time ago.