I like my equipment to work....

Boise, Idaho
I have had cable since 2002 with this one company here local, Cable One. I love it! Never a problem and it runs digitally. My kids have the cable downstairs and I have mine in my room where I spend most of my time. My GS loves to tape a lot of his super hero movies and put them on the DVR and I thought why don't I get me one. So, I took HBO off and got a DVR. I had all my westerns and old movies scheduled into it so I could watch them at my leisure. So yesterday I had slept on my remote and it went to this weird page and I couldn't get it off the screen. I called cable and the gal reset my modem and that went off the screen but it showed all my channels as unauthorized on channels I knew I had access to. So the gal scheduled a tech to come out and figure it all out for me. This was at about 8a. so I had to wait for the tech until after 1p. and up to 5p. About 2:29p. he came and found that the DVR was the problem and he replaced it. All the movie and shows I had recorded to watch were gone. So, I had to wait patiently until all the scheduling came back on before I could reschedule all the weekly stuff I like to watch and have taped in the DVR. Finally about 10p. everything was back up and I rescheduled which took awhile because I had forgotten what channels some things were on. So it took me probably about two hours to do it all. I was relieved to have it done. **(Hey I don't ask for much in life but I like to have some cable going on okay?!!)So this morning I decided to watch Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader from my recordings and was about 10 minutes into it when everything went dead. **Cable down**I thought to myself "Self, if this has erased all my scheduling I will throw the DVR out the screened window!" Okay well when things came back a few seconds later all my scheduled shows have "To Be Announced". Ugh! I am not thrilled. I hope I don't have to do it all over again. I wonder what cable will tell me when I call them to tell them someone threw my DVR out the screened window. Hmm.
@CinnamonGrl (6065)
• Paradise, California
I don't go out much, so TV and puter are a large part of my life. They're like friends lol. I would be tempted to throw something out the window, too. We have Dish and so far are able to reset things just by unplugging and replugging, but there are things that happen like losing channels during negotiations, and then they don't lower the bill for you. We haven't found any provider where there isn't some difficulty, ugh. I hope all your problems get solved easily. "I feel ya" as the saying goes.
Who can afford to go out now days? And I am too paranoid to go to a movie now days. Get kills just wanting to see a comedy...no thanks. Have been very happy in the past with my cable. Seems like they make upgrades and your service goes down hill.
I am sorry this is happening to you. Your television is one of your favorite things for entertainment and the amount you pay for it you would think it would work right.
Really! And nice to have a new DVR but it takes forever or the scheduling to kick in On the over one I could go forward for weeks and preschedule things but this one is taken for ever for just a full week to appear. Grrr!
Hi Celt. What a bunch of mess!!! Usually if mine does that To Be Announced it is a short while for it to come back up again. I find if I unplug the box it is fine then. Sometimes that is not it tho. I do not have a DVR, but yeah one would expect a lot more than this shennanigans..we pay a high price for cable to work. Sorry this is happening to you what a pain
I like my small world to have working facets. Helps my anxiety stay at bay. It is slowly coming back. I will check it occasionally and hope for the best.
@celticeagle Are they coming out again?
@TiarasOceanView Yes, they are all back. Whoa! I don't have to redo any.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
It sounds furstrating! This happens because we rely so much on technology and as soon as an issue occurs, everything that we've scheduled is gone. Maybe you can ask for a back up DVR before you destroy this one! :) Hopefully everything will work properly soon and you will get back to your schedule.
Back up one would be nice but at $20 a whack that could get pricey. It seems to be working okay now. Just took forever for the scheduling to come on so I could utilize it.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
@celticeagle I am glad that you finally solved all the issues! I agree, $20 is a lot for a back up DVR.
@besweet yep. I have to pay for what I use not to have something on backup. Can't afford that.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
hahaha..I hope you really didn't throw it out but if so good for you..so upsetting to have things not working and have to rely on someone to fix it for you..I sure hope all gets fixed soon and you can watch your programs!!
It is just frustrating when the other DVR worked so great. I ask for so little and would like some entertainment that works. They change it out and you'd think it'd be a good thing, right?