Monday night, first lesson of "Hapkido"

@alberello75 (19929)
Genova, Italy
I personally, have never been an ardent sporting. However, I almost always dedicated to the world of oriental martial arts. I managed to reach the "orange belt" in karate, then I tried with boxing (without ever having participated in real fights). However I know a computer engineer, who is also an instructor of Korean martial art called "Hapkido". Such art, provides almost only defense techniques. These techniques are based on the lever, so as to neutralize the attack of the opponent. This is in effect a discipline of self-defense personnel. Monday, I will have the first free lesson. Initially it is necessary to proceed with training on physical endurance, before learning some movement. First, me and my trainer we have to do an interview, to see if indeed I am brought to this kind of sport. The first rule to know is that NO ONE has to get hurt, we learn in the gym and the fights are simulated, therefore, do not hit really, but it stops the movement before sinking. Obviously are required commitment and perseverance, and I have to provide that, in the event that I were so enterprising to become "black belt", it would take 20 years. But this is a secondary aspect.
So proud of you for doing this lesson Alessandro. You will do well. It is a good discipline.
I have heard of it. I know just enough of kung fu to defend myself.