Are you scared of the darkness? What do you do when power goes off accidentally?

By RK
@ragikutty (2460)
Kerala, India
I am really scared of darkness. I try to keep a torch or mobile with me when i am alone at home in the evenings. I imagine seeing dark figures during power failures at our place. I do not know why, cause i think, i do not believe in ghosts and stuff, but i am scared. funny, right? This mainly started after watching the movie paranormal activity 1 & 2. They showed us recorded videos of whatever happening in the house which was not seen by humans, that made me scare i think. Also the programs like ghost whisperers, ghost hunters scared the hell out of me. I felt like there might be stuffs happening around me as well, which I am not able to listen or see.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
I am the ghost in my haunted house I love darkness specially when I am at home. I love when the power goes off though it irritates me and frustrates me when this happens during my work hours. You must stay away from horror shows, movies etc as it seems they affect you in many ways. Do you keep lights on even when you go to bed
• Preston, England
I love darkness. Too much bright light gives me migraines. I wander round at home a lot without putting any lights on and I do watch lots of horror movies.
@ragikutty (2460)
• Kerala, India
@thesids ii do keep lights on when i am sleeping alone. i do not watch horror movies or horror programs any more.. still i do see images in the dark
@ragikutty (2460)
• Kerala, India
@arthurchappell you are too much!!! so brave!!
• Makati, Philippines
I go totally nuts when there are blackouts. I have this issue about darkness, I can't breathe normally when there's total darkness around me, and my mindset is like "Oh My god I'm gonna die! They're burrying me alive! " like that ... I have that kind of thing since I was 5 years old, and until now. Haha weird right?
@ragikutty (2460)
• Kerala, India
Oh my goodness!! I guess I am a bit better than you. Please take care. It would be funny coming from me, but there's nothing out there, be brave.
• Makati, Philippines
@ragikutty thanks for the concern, I really appreciate it :))
• Jaipur, India
I guess you have seen too many haunted movies to visualize things..
@ragikutty (2460)
• Kerala, India
Not much.. But i think i have seen enough for the lifetime
• Jaipur, India
Not at all . I just simpy be at our bedroom without light and play in my cellphone . I dont watch scary movies that's why .
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Playing on the cellphone in the dark is going to be a strain to your eyes.
@lady1993 (17676)
I am super scared of ghosts, but when i am just in my house, i am not really afraid of the dark... unless it is in the attic or my closet I can confidently walk around the house in darkness since i've lived here for a long time and i know there aren't any ghosts.
I have candles that I burn when the lights and power go off..
@tessastv (275)
• Inverness, Scotland
As I've seen a bunch of horror movies myself I can totally relate to you. Sometimes I find myself visualizing those dark figures, altough I am fully convinced they're just in my imagination.
@cupkitties (7176)
I won't be scared unless it's pitch black and then I'll really start to freak out. Most people will start feeling around the room. Not me. I will just stand there and cry. lol
@polaris77 (2028)
• Bacau, Romania
I experienced being left in the dark due to power failures many times, but I didn't feel scared in these instances. I have seen many movies with ghosts, spirits and paranormal activity in general, but luckily I haven't a phantom in real life... yet. The predominant feeling I have when there is a power outage and I find myself in the dark for a while is that of frustration. Anyway, in these unwanted instances I try to stay calm, get dressed and get out of my flat if the weather isn't very cold. I wait for the intervention teams sent by the electrical company and hope that they restore the power as soon as possible, which luckily happens in most cases.
I am not afraid in this place no. But in some other places I might be. I simply grab a flashlight if I have one. Or open the curtain for light.
@jkct02 (2859)
I am not afraid of darkness. I am not scared of ghost either. I am open-minded so I will not come to conclusion hastily. I feel that there are still things that we don't really understand yet. We are like in the age where electricity has not yet been found, but we had seen thunder storms.
@Porcospino (17896)
• Denmark
Fortunately powers are cuts aren't very common here, but they happen once in a while and I always make sure that I have a torch and some candles. I don't mind sitting in the dark, actually the candles create a nice atmosphere in the dark house I am a horror writer and I am not afraid of darkness.