I Will Not Be Posting Jokes Anymore

I would like to thank @GoAskAlice for clarifying that I can repost my original content from Bubbs that has been taken down there as I have left there. The hard part is that my humorous jokes are not allowed content so I will not be making the 30 in 30 days I had promised. Sorry. I am hopeful that admin will understand and take mercy on me. I am fairly new and will take time to read every letter of the rules to make sure I am within them. I was not sure about coming here because of what I had heard in the past. I came here because of the kind reports of others and the much improved reputation of MyLot.
@GoAskAlice (4368)
No worries. It hasn't been added yet to the updated guidelines yet so you had no way of knowing until you were told. This is not the only update to the guidelines, there are a few clarifications that are soon to be added.
I appreciate the clarifications that you mention. I adds to my belief that the site wants to uphold strong integrity which is good.
I assume most of the old guidelines will be in effect. It will be nice when they finally (hint hint) get it posted.
It will be hard for my joker of a husband not to tell jokes, but he will abide by your rules. As will I. Thank you for not flogging him by the way.
@Gina145 (3974)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Sorry you can't use your jokes. But I'm glad to hear that we can use deleted Bubblews content because I might want to use some of mine too.
So if you delete the post from bubblews we can use it here.
@cahaya1983 (10036)
I wasn't aware of that. Hmm...looks like I should go on a bubble deleting spree.
@Gina145 (3974)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@jstory07 @cahaya1983 You need to make sure that your Bubblews posts haven't been plagiarised and that they've been deindexed before you can reuse them. It's best not to post them on another site straight after deleting them.
@PhredWreck (6051)
That was why I tagged Alex, I knew the old rule, but wasn't sure. Glad you got it from them.
@yukimori (9097)
I could have sworn that jokes were already mentioned in there. Clearly I need more coughee!
@yugocean I don't make the rules...I don't even enforce them...that is Alex
@yugocean (8850)
@PhredWreck Oh I just remember again it's myLot byt yourlot
@hostessman (10261)
• Tucson, Arizona
that is to bad I enjoy humor more than a serious post
@owlwings (40004)
• Cambridge, England
There's nothing wrong with humour in a discussion, @hostessman, but it should be a valid discussion topic, not just a funny story.
@hostessman (10261)
• Tucson, Arizona
@owlwings well everybody to there own liking I think funny stories are great
@owlwings (40004)
• Cambridge, England
@hostessman I like funny stories, too. Nothing wrong with them! Have you noticed how much more memorable and effective a lesson, a lecture a sermon or a conversation can be if it includes some humour which illustrates or is relevant to the topic?
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
I try to put humor in many of my discussions but in a way so they aren't just telling a joke. I am sorry i didn't mention it either but i presumed it was fine too like others felt..we can still hear a joke but just redo it into a discussion of sort..
I think if he worked at expanding the jokes into humorous stories somehow it would most likely be okay. There was never any complaints about my BillyJoe JimBob stories, and they were basically stories evolved from joke situations.
I think we all need to read the guidelines often. I always thought that as long as humor was original and was only part of the discussion it was allowed. Of course it is important to post material that can be discussed.
Awe, I know that you love to tell jokes.
@thesids (22351)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Humor can also be integrated into discussions and I am sure, your posts would be on those lines. I never was on Bubble so I am unsure of what kind of content you had there. I will be looking forward to your discussions for sure as I have followed you here at MyLot today as I read some of your posts.
I know how hard it will be for you not to tell your jokes.
@yugocean (8850)
I still remember that old myLot never allowed Jokes, recipes, poetry etc in discussions, perhaps this was not important for this generation but it is coming back. You have not to be sorry as all have to go with guidelines to keep the site on tracks.
I am sure you can stay if it does not happen again.