What is netflix?

By RK
@ragikutty (2460)
Kerala, India
I am sorry if i sound silly. But I have been hearing about this word for a long time, but never knew what it is. So can someone tell me?
@loki1982 (782)
• Dallas, Texas
Netflix originally started as a company that you would rent DVD by mail from them. You could get three different options, 1 dvd, 2dvd or 3 dvd at a time. You would make a que of movies you wanted to watch and rank them in the order you wanted them to come in. If they were out of one certain one, the next on your list was sent. You could have a maximum of 1,2 or 3 out depending on your subscription level. After a few years they began streaming certain movies and tv shows. This became more popular especially after the app was developed for tablets and phones. Now you can watch Netflix if you have an account on XBOX, DVD players, Nintendo Wii, your smartphone, tablet and many other devices. Netflix has basically become an on demand channel like HBO but with my options. Usually popular shows will have full seasons available to watch and some can only be watched on Netflix.
@Marcyaz (35670)
It is great but you still need a way to watch TV like saellite or some other source.
@loki1982 (782)
• Dallas, Texas
@Marcyaz My mother in law only uses Netflix. No cable or satellite.
@ragikutty (2460)
• Kerala, India
should i pay for it or is it something like youtube?
The best streaming tv on the planet. I watched so much that I missed on regular tv. I get to watch a season in a week with no commercials. AWESOME!
@loki1982 (782)
• Dallas, Texas
Yep, it is awesome!
@sunnypub (2131)
Netflix is a great way to watch movies and tv shows in your own time. You can rent DVD's or stream right from your computer or tablet or smartphone. I don"t do dvd's but I use the heck out of it for streaming. I love that they have a lot of old tv shows. You can watch an entire series all on your time. They also have Netflix Originals, new tv shows that are made specifically for Netflix. They release an entire season at once. There are some really great shows, even some that have won awards. Totally worth the monthly fee for me.
@Marcyaz (35670)
Cheryl has told you what you need to know about netflix, I might add you run it off your TV or computer, tablet or smartphone.
@sofssu (14462)
Okay you have your answers.. I love netflix. I can watch what I want when i want.
@gudheart (12752)
It is a video streaming company app that holds many movies and tv series on the app. It has a monthly charge and is similar to lovefilm or Amazon instant video.
Netflix is so you can watch movies. It is fun. Instant stream.
It is an on demand channel where you can watch movies that you see on a list. There is a cost that you have to pay each month.
@ragikutty (2460)
• Kerala, India
I finally go to know its not available in our country.