Slow to Start, Slow to End

@Raelove (17657)
Saco, Maine
I remember how nice spring was this year, but that summer took awhile to really kick in. All through the month of June, we had rain and chilly weather, and temps never rose much above 70 degrees F. That's unsual for this part of the country, and I remember thinking, hmmm, ok, I hope this doesn't mean that the summer heat will arrive late and last even longer? Well, it looks like I was right to be concerned. Because that is exactly what happened! The temps in July were still below normal, but then August came in with a hot bang! And we've had very little relief from that in weeks, other than a couple of cool mornings. I don't remember a summer like this ever. It's always much cooler by now, and much less humid. If we do get any heat, it's dry and more comfortable. If summer was late getting here, I hope that doesn't mean that fall will be, too!
The climate is changing my friend everywhere. Whatever it does there, I hope it is tolerable to you. It has been very unusual here as well near the Rockies.
Here in Ny we had a very humid hot day. I don't know how much more of this I cna deal with. I want cooler days for me to ride my bike more. I just want to exercise a little before the snow hits the ground.