Loading the Pick Up

I have lots of things upstairs that could be put into the truck and taken away to the new house. It is just a matter of putting it down the stairs and into the back. Hubby has left the pickup parked in such a way that this is faster and easier for me, so I have to get it done before I go run errands as I cannot get it back this way. I have it backed almost to the porch and I have a ramp or board laid across so that once the items are down the stairs I can slide them across to the truck bed. The stairs go down to almost the front door. Hubby has his first day back at work after his surgery. I would like for us to be able to take both the truck and trailer to Florence when he gets home. My grandfather and dad both were movers and had a moving company when I was really little, but I doubt I could do this for a living now. Have you moved often? I have not moved in about thirty-one years. While I am loading I am listening to Swag Bucks videos and earning my points as well. I should cash out for twenty-five dollars Amazon today. I hope. Meanwhile, I hope you are having a terrific Tuesday.
I've done enough moving in my life. Hope it goes well for you.
At one point I thought I would never move again, but this is a good deal and much less expensive than the repairs that are needed here.
We are packing up things we do not use now and will move next year. I get the Wal-Mart gift card on swagbucks.
That is a smart move. I have done some of that. I have my sweaters and hats and gloves all packed away.
I can cash out tonight but first I need to figure out what I want to buy. I thought I needed a bike seat. I rode today twice and see that would not be needed right now. I just might leave it for a few more days till I figure things out. I do need a microwave though.
@Shellyann36 (9616)
I always cash out for cash at Swagbucks. I am sort of disappointed that Bing is not carrying the 500 Swagbucks points any longer.
I have never really gotten into Bing rewards yet. I can only hope I will manage once we settle down.
@GardenGerty I was really happy with it for a while. 475 bing points was enough to buy 500 swagbucks. Then they upped it to 525 points for 500 swagbucks and now they don't have the swagbucks on there any longer. Very disappointing. They did have amazon so that is what I opted for.
well,now I don't feel as bad for losing my password. Thansk for mentioning it.
Hope that you are all done moving very soon. And you just reminded me to check out Swagbucks. I keep forgetting.
It is going to take forever to get all moved. This is thirty years worth of pack rat type living. I am doing great with swagbucks. I have enough to redeem for $25 on Amazon. Hubby has a book he wants.
@GardenGerty I don't think that I've seen your hubby on here yet.
@deafdiva (243)
Oh I love Swagbucks too! I remember when I moved out of my dorm room-we had to use my car, my mom's car, and my dad's truck! Whew!!
Just for one room, wow! This is thirty years worth of accumulation and it is huge. I hope I get done soon. We really cannot live there until the insurance goes into effect.
@deafdiva (243)
@GardenGerty yep for one room because of the furniture!
@sacmom (14315)
No, the last time I moved was 20 years ago. The next time I do, I hope it is for the last time.
When we shifted from the city to this place we had engaged packers who did everything for us from wrapping objects that needed that, loading, off loading and placing the items in our new home as per our directions.
@MARKOTOP (56)
• Bandung, Indonesia
We are packing up things we do not use now and will move next month because field worker
@bunnybon7 (36522)
• Holiday, Florida
I have moved more then I ever cared to and moving stuff in and out of the vehicle is the hardest. no mater how close it is, you will be exhausted and sore I am sure
i truly don't envy ya movin', somethin' i aint done in nearly 35years. 've moved plenty 'f other folks o'er the years though, the experience jest made me sink my roots deeper. i hope yer hubs didn't o'er do it with 'im jest goin' back to work.
Yes I have moved so many times it is unreal. I am glad I did not have stuff to move most of the time. Glad you are getting it all done tho GG. I lost everything I have ever owned. I dont care anymore tho.
@cynthiann (18619)
• Jamaica
yes, I have made lots of homes - carting the antique furniture from one place to the other. I do not envy you. I am in my last home and have been here twn years and it feels good. Hoping that it goes well for you!
Please don't over do it. I moved a few months ago and it was all done in two days. Most of it was that one night. I am glad your in great spirits about all this hard work. I think my next move I will pay a few people to help me. I am doing well tonight. Just my body feels weak and tired. It's the low blood so I at least know what it is.
@Rollo1 (16689)
• Boston, Massachusetts
Oh good deal on the Swagbucks. I have moved three times in seven years. I don't want to move again for a bit, then I am moving very far away, into the wilderness.