why does no one chain up their bikes any more?

Preston, England
I am seeing a growing trend for cyclists not bothering to chain up their bikes outside shops or friends' houses. They seem to be almost asking someone to just peddle off with the bikes. What on Earth happened to simple cycle locks?
Today was my second day riding mine. I chained it up at the dr. office and at my moms house. I have two keys and a thick lock that would need a big metal cutter to take. I am getting another lock to lock my wheels as well. I was worried about returning to find my wheels gone. I parked outside walmart and someone cut my chian. I won't buy one of those again.
• Preston, England
sorry someone tried to take your bike or just vandalize your chains @sharon6345 fortunate they were not successful in taking the bike - just shows how dumb people are for not taking any precautions at all. I wonder if they also leave their car keys in the car and the front door to their house wide open at night.
you should look into kryptonite locks they are insurance approved so should your bike get stolen you would be covered immediately
@KennyWilson2014 I am going to search that right now. I need that where I live. thanks for the very good advice.
I am a very keen cyclist and see this on a daily basis as work in a supermarket too, I really frustrates me as when they are stolen they seem to think it is not there fault and is the faults of the supermarket I would not dare of going to a supermarket with out a lock for my bike
• Preston, England
I was wondering if there was some new invisible way to secure a bike but I guess it's just a trend for lazy cyclists who won't believe theirs could be stolen until it inevitably happens
@arthurchappell I saw a man with his bike leaned against the poll on the main shopping street. I said,please come back out and get you bike in my head of course. He ran in for a fruit cup and came right out. He also had a bag of stuff on the handle bars.
• Preston, England
@KennyWilson2014 impressive - they'd have to chop the bike in two to get at it - neat.