Surprise Message on our machine

Now my oldest as some recall has had her struggles in school and is receiving LD / intervention services. We received a call on our machine that the oldest came to class with all her supplies and was focused and attentive in class!! Its rare we hear anything positive about her so this is awsome news!
@katsmeow1213 (29047)
It's always nice to hear that the kids are doing well instead of doing badly. Hope she keeps it up.
Yeah me too! It's the first phone call like that I've ever gotten. I hope to get more and as she matures and opens her eyes to responsibility and doing decently in school
@3SnuggleBunnies I got an e-mail like that last year about the oldest when he was getting a 94 in his math class, and math was our biggest concern because he'd failed it so many times. Guess what? He's taking like 3 math classes this semester in college, lol!
@katsmeow1213 That's certainly quite a turn around from being his worst subject to being his best subect.
@rusty2rusty (6767)
• Defiance, Ohio
I am glad you heard something positive. It is rare for me to hear anything positive about my daughter. She is slow for her age and very defiant.
My daughter has been receiving intervention services for the past 10 years. And yes still struggles a bit in school but does better than she thinks she can. Oh yeah we went thru nasty and mean this past spring hoping that the positive steps forward will continue
• Defiance, Ohio
@3SnuggleBunnies My daughter is 15 now. I know all about the nasty and mean. For almost two years my daughter went through a spell of hitting and abusing me. It was crazy. she doesn't do it now. She realizes she did was wrong. That I am the only parent who has her back. Those two years sucked.
@rusty2rusty Yes we are just starting that phase and it's horrid!!! She's usually fine as long as she has music on and access to some gadget. But when stuff doesn't go her way it all hits the fan.
@Fleura (7198)
That's a lovely surprise! Perhaps it will become more common.