The Sky's Many Moods

Sunset sky over the pond
@Raelove (15118)
Saco, Maine
I've lived near a small pond in southern Maine for almost 3 years now and never get tired of looking outside, as I never know what I'll see out there. While it's too woodsy in the east to see the sun rise, I have a clear shot to the west over the water, so I've seen some pretty spectacular sunsets. And sometimes, how the light interacts with both the sky and the water is nothing short of miraculous. I took this photo last fall, and that was the exact color of the sky at that moment. It never lasts long, so I have to keep my camera close by and be ready at a moment's notice to get these shots. I am never disappointed!
• Lakewood, Colorado
Wow that is so deep a blue it is nearly deep lavender. Never seen such a beautiful sky my friend. Keep em comin!
@Raelove (15118)
• Saco, Maine
I've taken tons of photos since I've lived in this town, which spans about 15 years now in two different locations. Soyes, I'll keep 'em coming!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Raelove Thanks my friend, appreciate your shares with us. I am partial to Maine haha
@silvermist (15807)
@Raelove The sky does have many moods and you seem to have caught it in one of its rare moments.Good photo.
@Raelove (15118)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks. I don't live there anymore, but I have hundreds of photos to remind me of the beauty of the place.
@silvermist (15807)
@Raelove Have you ever gone back there to revive your memories?
@Raelove (15118)
• Saco, Maine
@silvermist Not yet. I just moved 2 weeks ago, but I plan on going back at some point to see my former landlady. Of course, this is the least attractive time of year.
The sky does have many moods. Have you ever noticed how the sky looks different according to the weather that is coming.