Smaller Shopping Carts

@Raelove (16820)
Saco, Maine
One of my favorite grocery stores added smaller shopping carts a few years ago for us single folks who don't buy much at any one time. Then another big store followed suit, and I liked their carts a lot better. Unlike the first store, the second store's carts are tall and feature two baskets stacked on top of each other. The first store's cart was a lot clumsier to use, as the second bottom basket was positioned so that it stuck way out in front, and I often ran into people with it. Now this store has gone to the stacked carts, too, and I was thrilled to see that today. It holds just enough for me, is easy to maneuver, and has a small basket in the rear for my purse, reusable bags, etc. Before leaving the store, I grabbed one of their comment forms and wrote across it "LOVE the new small carts. THANKS!" Hey, it doesn't hurt to say something POSITIVE when the occasion calls for it!
@mom210 (6523)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I have the opposite problem, I really need some of the stores to super size my shoppng card. I am the lady pushing two most of the time.
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
I've seen those folks! LOL I have all I can do most shopping trips to half-fill one of those big carts, so I love the smaller ones.
@mom210 (6523)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Raelove I hate to shop very often because it is such a chose, so when I go, I make it count and load up. Good to see you, this is my first day here
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
@mom210 Good to see you, too! I've been here 3 days now and like it a lot. It's fast, fun, and easy to use. And I love watching the pennies add up on my little "cash register!" Enjoy!
@yukimori (9042)
I usually end up using either a basket or one of the bigger carts, since those will hold both of my kids and keep them from running around the store like little maniacs. Most of the stores around here have the smaller carts, too... I've only ever seen the ones with the extended bottom at Best Buy, and I agree with you. Those things are a nightmare to steer!
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
I used the big carts when my kids were young, as I don't believe in letting kids run around in stores. Now that I'm retired (65) and live alone, I don't need nearly as much, so I love the smaller carts.
I saw those in my grocery store to and noticed some older people were using them.
@Raelove (16820)
• Saco, Maine
Yup, well I am one of those "older people." LOL
@valmnz (12521)
• New Zealand
Hey, those smaller carts aren't just great for single people. For some of us slightly older people, they are a lot easier than diving into a deep bigger cart and almost falling in head first.
I know what you are saying Rachel. Shopping carts are vital to me also, and I am very picky about the ones I get. The ones at the store that is nearby are ideal for me but the prices are high. So I get to go to the other store that is further away with sucky shopping carts lolbecause they are cheaper.
We have those same kind of small carts, I like them. We are only two and I do not buy a lot of stuff.