Focus! Where Is Yours?

Hi everyone. I have now cleared the 12 cubby unit by the door and plan tomorrow to do some streamlining of everything else. Much will be gone but some will stay. As a recovering Compulsive Gambler I've decided to approach this with that recovery process in mind. After reading comments from "Seven days" I've made a decision that surprised even me which since I'm the one making it is strange to me. It is time to "Let It Go" when it comes to Bubbs: I will make clear to Tyl that I don't care about the money but will stand on integrity. If the people there want to hold onto a place where ethics and morals are not consistent then that is for them. Tomorrow I will send in the ticket and delete my account over on Bubbs. Breaking the ties completely because it is not good to associate with those who have proven a lack of integrity. At 10 Am tomorrow I will Declare 'It is FINISHED!" Thank you to all who gave input. As for MyLot You have shown that there are still great places to write and I say thank you! I have found a home where there is firm integrity.
This clip is a genderbent version of the clip from Disney's "Frozen", where Elsa sings "Let it go". This is what it would look like if Elsa were King. Thanks...
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Great attitude to let it go..we all need to think like that in certain matters Glad you finished the 12 cubbies..I can only imagine your shredder or recycle bin or trash..whichever you use..
Quite a lot went out to the trash can. Lots more to go I think. Some to give away if not used.
@owlwings (39780)
• Cambridge, England
@Susan2015 Did you look at the link I left (in a comment somewhere!) to the FlyLady website, Susan? If you did, what did you think?
@owlwings I can't find it. Will have to look for it again.,
@Gina145 (3974)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I like your attitude. Hopefully one of these days I'll have the courage to make the same decision. The main reason my account is still open is because there's $40 in my bank, but I can't see any chance of ever getting it, so I should learn to let go too. Unfortunately I've never been good at letting go of anything.
I have struggled to let go for over 4 months. When I came here it was the first step then it has been 25 days to get to this point. so it isn't easy.
@Gina145 (3974)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Berniezeitler I started deleting my content there months ago, but never got very far with it. I wanted to save some of my better comments and it was taking far too long, so I quit trying and just left my posts there. I need to get back and delete the rest of the good ones.
@owlwings (39780)
• Cambridge, England
You are quite right. Sometimes the 'elephant in the room' is the lack of ability to 'let go'. This is often the root cause of a muddly and disorganised life (or office), the persistence of an addiction or compulsion or, indeed, the reason why we torture ourselves with anger and dissatisfaction: all could be eased, if not cured entirely, if we allowed ourselves to hold less precious the habits and feelings which we secretly, somehow, feel attached to, even though we KNOW that they are doing us harm or holding us back. Once you have 'let go' of one thing, I think that it becomes easier to let go of the next. Well done, I say, on the start of reorganising the office!
It is good to get passed the situation. If you focus on it, then it controls you.
Nice on the cleaning, lots of progress there!
It is so much easier that way Bernie..it is hard to let go when one has worked with complete goodness and giving and a place can be such a pile of rubbish..yep throw it out. Good for you. And to answer your title, my focus is only here.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
So now, does this mean you are officially in and Mylot is now your extended family Welcome to the family called MyLot
I am Family! Indeed! @thesids