Holy Apocalypse!

@1wldngl (3991)
It finally happens: 1) nuclear war 2) an EMP 3) zombies 4) a killer virus that leaves survivors What do you do? Are you prepared? Pick your scenario, or two...or three...and tell me how you would fare.
@Rosekitty (19443)
• San Marcos, Texas
Right now making a batch of brownies to throw at the zombies to get away from me and whoever hangs out with me.... making some killer chili texas style.. that will blast a huge gas bubble that will cloud over texas so everybody better get over here..texas is huge so we all should fit..that virus won't get us.. How about some chili petines and jalapenos to Nuke the war..all will get diarrhea poor things..
@1wldngl (3991)
Worse coming out than going in!
@Rosekitty (19443)
• San Marcos, Texas
@1wldngl gross
@topffer (33205)
• France
Is "EMP" for "Experimental Music Project" ? If yes it can probably led to a terrible number of deaths among zombies.
@1wldngl (3991)
Because everyone knows that zombies follow sound!
@topffer (33205)
• France
@1wldngl Experimental sounds only imitating the call of zombie food. Never heard about the pied piper of Hamelin ? It is the same than for rats, but with zombies.
@1wldngl (3991)
@topffer Dig a large, deep pit and put the music in the bottom. Bam, zombie trap!
Nuclear War.... I already have a 'Glowing' Personality. I may well be one of the few survivors.
@seren3 (387)
Ha ha. Yes you do!
@1wldngl (3991)
At least you would be easy to find!
@Rollo1 (16651)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I am pretty well prepared for zombies. As I explained on another discussion, you simply rub zombie guts on yourself and they think you're one of them. As for nuclear war, you either survived it or you didn't. Take showers and iodine. As for the EMP, well you've got to have matches to start fires. I have those. Killer virus? I never even get a cold. My immune system is pumped up. The only thing that worries me about the apocalypse is the lack of pizza delivery service.
pizza is pretty important!
@1wldngl (3991)
I totally have the plans for an outdoor oven. I will be taking pizza orders!
@1wldngl that is something I could see as useful, esp in hot climes to keep that heat outside in the summer.
Funny thing you mention this, I have been reading some prepper books, and while I don't think I am ready to be an extreme prepper, I have decided to take some steps. Like I think we should have enough supplies on hand to be able to last 2 weeks with no store runs, this includes food and water. We aren't there yet, but each payday I put back a little more! And I think EMP is the most likely scenario, especially in countries like america, we rely way too much on things an EMP would fry.
@seren3 (387)
@Jessicalynnt I think your estimate is good. I have a few days reserves and need to build on that. EMP? We'll all meet on the other side!
@seren3 if your location is how I am reading it, that area would be bad after an EMP, I think I might fair better, but still, need to prep more!
@1wldngl (3991)
@Jessicalynnt I agree that we would be very crippled if the power went out.
@gregario888 (1282)
• Aurangabad, India
They sound like bolts from the blue, I'd rather prepare myself for highway smash-up! Or something even more commonplace.
@1wldngl (3991)
Yea...but that's no fun and leaves nothing to the imagination. LOL
• Aurangabad, India
@1wldngl Can't think how a nuclear war, or even a radiation leak, like the Fukushima one, could be a fun thing. It, HAS, to be pretty awful! The zombies-yes, maybe!
@1wldngl (3991)
@gregario888 No..the "fun" is in the imaging of the scenario. Imagination being the fun part. It wasn't meant as a serious discussion.
@Bluedoll (17075)
CRawl under a rock and live like a bug. #1 find a terminator friend
@1wldngl (3991)
Or into a cave?
@Bluedoll (17075)
@1wldngl Let's consider a cave under a rock. Not much sunshine living in a cave.
@1wldngl (3991)
@Bluedoll Too true!
@joygracia (1328)
I never believe in any of this but in case this might happened, i would just have to pray and accept my faith.
@1wldngl (3991)
Each person has their own valid answer and none is worse or better than the last.
@joygracia (1328)
@1wldngl Oh okay. I have to choose option 4 I guess because I would want to know if indeed people can find remedy to some very deadly viruses. Off course I'd hope I'd survive so I will know if man can indeed finds its way from extinction.
@1wldngl (3991)
@joygracia It would be a daunting task.
#3 I would get my kids to wipe out the zombies (they play Plants vs Zombies and are apparently pros at taking out all the zombies - ha ha)!
@1wldngl (3991)
Ha...that's great!
@TLChimes (4842)
I avoid people so I would have no issues with some silly virus. And when there are less people and the ground is good (not the case with nuclear stuff) we would be fine. Hit the libraries and book stores for how to books on canning and such, survival places for the dried storage food just as back up. Use the shelf items from the stores to eat while we wait for the garden to grow. See if like minded folks would want to join and trade services - a farmer, a herder, teacher, medic, and so on.
@1wldngl (3991)
You truly are my sister! LOL
@Drosophila (16735)
I am prepared to go with the flow & just die already. Too lazy to be a survivor! Think of all the hard work you'd have to do, hunt & gather, generate electricity, reboot world-wide-web, reinitiate Facebook just to post your status.. "omg this sucks".. no thanks.. too much work already
@1wldngl (3991)
If myLot still had "best response" this is it! This truly made me laugh.
I am out of this for the moment. . I will keep a watch on how others are faring and then make a choice. but I feel they are all wasting their time
@1wldngl (3991)
We can't just seek out the deep well meaning discussion because, face it, then we wouldn't have much time on here.
@alberello75 (16511)
• Genova, Italy
Well, these apocalyptic scenes, at the time, are seen just in some movies. Not even the Holy Bible has ever planned.
@1wldngl (3991)
Indeed.
@rakski (8589)
I am not prepared for this. but I prefer zombies than nuclear war
@1wldngl (3991)
I think I am kind of with you on that one.