When Shopping Is Boring What Do You Do?

Well I went out to get some minor stuff for @Susan2015. It became a bit frustrating as I had to go out twice only to end up with a 'rain check' on an item. Being bored and a bit irritated at the poor supply, I decided to have some fun. I walked past a Coke supplier putting some of their product up. A fellow was minding his own business and I said: can you help me? Mind you this guy had no idea what I was going to ask and I looked a bit feeble with my cane. He accepted my request so I asked him to tackle the 'coke dealer' while I called the police on him. After the initial shock wore off he busted out laughing! Then there was the cashier who looked a bit down so when she asked if that was all I had a comeback. I said no I need to know if you accept natural gas as payment cuz that was all I had at the moment. It was raining outside when I went up for the 'rain check' and asked her what good it was going to do to confirm it was raining out. It would not create the product I came to the store to get! Now I have little humor left so here is your challenge: What funny comments/ conversations have you heard lately?
@valmnz (12754)
• New Zealand
Well, after your funny stories I wouldn't even dare try to compete
Why am I not surprised that you said all that in our local store?
I only new one of the people I made a comment to. It happened to be your favorite cashier that was at the service counter when I was getting the rain check.
@Berniezeitler I'm usually very quiet in stores and rarely speak to anyone. Here in Riga, Latvia the cashiers usually only say hello and good-bye.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
Only yours since i really don't hear anything except here..I did go out today but hurried and got what i needed and left as fast as i could..sorry no quirks today from me..
@vandana7 (66851)
I auctioned my sense of humor and I am left with none.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
And when did that happen!!! If I was aware of the auction, I would have been bidding too... and then i would have shared half of it with you for sure
@vandana7 (66851)
@thesids ..pity because I didn't get good price. You could at least have helped to hike the price.
@piya84 (2591)
lol you are funny
Well I was showing my elderly mother a video of babies just born but the babies did not yet know they had been born in water..so they were looking as if they were still in the womb..it was precious, but she said..Oh they dont know they are living yet? haha I dont know I thought it was funny in her lovely Irish brogue. This was really nothing to do with shopping
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Sounds interesting. I had been reading some pages about this new way to deliver babies some weeks back. It said, that babies born this way are healthier than the normal process - be it normal deliver or the caesarian. Something related to oxygen levels was mentioned too and it was a good informative read for sure. Unfortunately, in India, there are only a few select places in southern part for such a procedure and I think they would be prohibitively expensive just because they are rare.
@thesids Yes expensive I can see that Sids. I wish I would have done that too.
@cahaya1983 (10039)
Haha love the "coke dealer" joke. Humor does make life more interesting.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
So true. humor makes things easy on many counts
@seren3 (387)
I think you were a court jester in a past life lol.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Loved this one. Sounds apt!!!
I cannot think of any humorous discussions or comments lately, I do like to see the cashiers smile though. Hubby and I both tend to see things "wrong" or in the wrong place and I for one get confused, which is not always funny but it can be if no harm is done.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
of late this "seeing things wrong" is becoming a kind of habit with me... and I am on the lookout for changing it, before it gets me
@owlwings (39611)
• Cambridge, England
Most of them go by with a laugh or two and then I forget them. My most recent quip was yesterday when I remarked that my upcoming birthday would be my 'Znieh'. I hate it when I have to explain a joke but after some puzzled looks, I had to prompt with, "Well, how many varieties is a well-known baked bean company supposed to have?". It's the sort of joke that only a mid-septugenarian is allowed to make, apparently.
I am quite sure you got some eye rolls! lol, you remind me of my gramps, he would have done half of that too.
@simone10 (21647)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I think yours would be it because I don't get out of the house much during the week.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Last time at the barber's - they had hired a new guy (probably a trainee) and he was doing the haircut for this guy. After he was done, the customer started telling him that he had done it all wrong and the poor barber was feeling miserable - I had been watching the entire episode and there was no fault of the junior barber. The customer however did a grave mistake - he asked the barber to put it all back the way it was. "It was all yours sir, you know the best how it was and should be" came the reply. and the people in that room were all laughing. Typed words look dull here but the way they were said was just perfect to start the laughter riot..
@gudheart (12742)
I do find shopping boring, the only shopping I don't mind is grocery shopping lol
You are just full of it
@rakski (20968)
unfortunately I am not bored with shopping! But I am do not like serious atmosphere also so I like to be bubbly at times.
@tessastv (275)
• Inverness, Scotland
This one made my day, had such a good laugh. Can't even compete with this.
@softbabe44 (5899)
• Vancouver, Washington
how is bernie doing this saturday hope good how are you feeling great better huh.
am so glad I read the post and not the title. Your funny..