restaurant menus

Avenel, New Jersey
does anyone else look up the menu at the restaurant before they go? i always do this! i like to plan out my meals, especially since im a vegetarian and try to be as healthy as possible (usually, anyway) - but also, its just fun/satisfying to research before i get there
I would not go to a restaurant w/o checking the online menu. I did this earlier this morning. I heard of a rest. we have not been to so I found the menu and now I know what i will order.
• Avenel, New Jersey
yay! ok so im not crazy haha i just feel like i have to check and make sure they have something im interested in! unless someone else suggests a place, i dont pick a restaurant without looking at the menu & reviews if i can :)
@sprinklesare4winners I am a very picky eater so I have to make sure they have something I like/can eat.
• Avenel, New Jersey
@kataomoi (706)
• Japan
I look up the menu before I go too! It's actually a weird 'hobby' of mine to look at restaurant menus. I want to make sure there's something I like (and at a reasonable price) before I go to the restaurant.
• Avenel, New Jersey
thats me! i dont think its so weird :P
@Raelove (17746)
• Saco, Maine
I rarely eat out, and if I do, it's Chinese, pizza or a burger joint. So I never check out menus ahead of time. If I do get the rare treat of going to a real restaurant, I generally order a salad of some sort, which is pretty much a no-brainer.
• Avenel, New Jersey
yeah thats the nice thing about chinese & pizza, no surprises! thats really good you usually get salads, im very particular about mine lol it has to have interesting stuff in it before ill order it, if its just lettuce and tomatoes, not exciting enough :P
@hereandthere (33393)
an old friend said she wanted us to meet at a place that i thought was just a coffee shop that served only cakes and pasta. good thing i saw their menu online and learned there's lots more so i started choosing what i plan to order that's within my budget.
@cahaya1983 (10036)
If they provide a menu online, yes I do. Not many restaurants here do though, unless it's a well-known chain.
@rakski (24124)
yes, especially if the restaurant is new to you. It is important to see menu so that you will have the glimpse of the food they offer.
@salonga (27957)
I always do. I have always been a very hard to please person when it comes to food because I always want healthy food.
@skysnap (18229)
I try to look at the menu online these days. It helps me set the budget and also what not to eat and skip. I try to make sure that I also order online these days because spending money going to places makes it even more expensive. I just think that some restaurants are also overpriced for some basic menus. It is better to save money that way.
@gregario888 (1282)
• Aurangabad, India
In many restaurants, especially Indian ones, too many fancy and bombastic names are being used for various dishes. Some of them are damp squibs outright!
I do this as well. I want to pick out either the best dish of a restaurant of the dishes that fit my budget! LOL!
@sueznewz2 (10156)
• Alicante, Spain
If we are out and about or on holiday...we usually check out the menus first, and are more likely to eat at a Restaurant that has displayed it's menu outside somwhere....
To be honest I never knew this was possible. I like that option for the future now that I have it.
@Hate2Iron (8132)
I always do as well, especially if it's a seafood restaurant. I have to make sure that there is something on the menu that I will be able to eat. There is usually one thing lol.
@Blondie2222 (22881)
I do if they have a menu online just to get an idea of what they have before they go. I always like to see prices too to know what I'll be spending.
Sometimes. If it is new it's easier to have an idea of what to look for. but not always sometimes I just go
I always check the menu before going to a restaurant. The problem is that many very good but small Restaurants, here in Switzerland, do not have the menu online.
@ZHVegas (252)
• Sao Paulo, Brazil
No, I don't, I go to a restaurant, look if there's chicken or fish, maybe potatoes in the middle of the things... If it does, I am done looking what I am gonna eat. I know, I am really simple when eating, probably because the way of living here.
I do if I do go out to eat at all. I want to know what I am going to eat and what the selection is before I go.
@amnabas (10549)
• Karachi, Pakistan
No definitely don't,t search it before I go through the menu then and there