Rinse, Recyle, Reuse!

Cardinal flower vine - a true sign fall is underway. crazyhorseladycx 2015 all rights reserved
Don’t gimme wrong, I’m all fer recyclin’ ‘n reusin’ what one can to lessen the impact on Mother Earth. I do lots ‘f such to the best ‘f my ability ‘n availability – there’s no place in these parts that recycles glass. Which I find very odd. We seem to be ‘hind the times e’en though there’s a huge recyclin’ plant 250 miles from here. But, that aint what this is ‘bout. It’s ‘bout folks who’re recyclin’ what they’ve written elsewhere. While I reckon all ‘ve that right to do such, I still don’t understand it. Some ‘re e’en identical from one place to the next it seems, with perhaps jest a word ‘r two changed. Some jest remove ‘r condense a paragraph. Do ya find this trend a bit disturbin’? ‘r do I once ‘gain sit ‘lone in my thoughts on such? © crazyhorseladycx 2015
About recycling glass, I am for, glass is not polluting, much better than plastic. About recycled articles, I have to say that I do not really appreciate to read the same old stuff, even if not identical. I let my old article where they are and forget about them. There is always something new and interesting to discuss.
aint that the truth? 'specially here where so lil words 're even required. yepperz, i've tons 'f glass bottles 'n jars 'n reuse 'em fer a wide variety 'f schtuff. don't get much plastic coz i mostly buy fresh 'r grow it myself.
@crazyhorseladycx I do not like plastic, it smells bad, it's not healthy, I cannot believe that it is so widely used.
@LadyDuck i know, aint that somethin'? what consumers allow folks to do with our blind faith? dang, i miss those flour sacks 'n schtuff 's well. ode to the good ol' days, long past, but not fergotten!
@Rollo1 (16792)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I would only recycle an article here if it were no longer published elsewhere and best if it has been de-indexed so no one would confuse it as being plagiarized. I have seen that some people write about the same things from one site to the other, and since many of the readers are on both sites, it's not such a good idea to do that.
i've heard 'f this 'de-indexing' thingy 'n aint quite sure how such'd work? its jest odd to find basically the same thingy from someone in diff'rent places - what does one say without repeatin' 'emselves 's well? sigh... i'll ne'er get the gist 'f this online madness i fear.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh, I'll write about some of the same things: my mandolin, my speakers, grading papers, and such. But they'll be new posts. Things like old guitar and speakers REVIEWS (from my Epinions days) I'll save for the right time and place.
I've seen people putting the same article on here and B at the same time, and I did wonder if it was allowed. Also I asked Some Guy Typing about whether it would be acceptable to post articles that we have published elsewhere, and he said that as long as you could prove it was your own, it would be quite alright. I was toying with the idea of putting some of my poems here as it's (mostly) a new audience, but in the light of what you say I doubt I will. It's just that I had an idea for a post, and thought that a couple of my verses added on to the end of it would illustrate it. I would have said that I'd already posted them elsewhere. Anyway, that idea is out the window now!
me 's well 'n that's what prompted this lil rant 'f mine. 's fer yer poetry, that's somethin' unique 'n no doubt'cha wouldn't put it elsewhere without additional info/or insight. i'm mainly referrin' to those that tell ya what they had fer breakfast 'n who they saw in line 't the grocery store kinda thingies. i fear i can barely stomach such once, much less twice
• Pleasant Hill, California
I reckon you could post the same poem, but with new insights about it--the writing process, how you thought it up, and so on.
@TheHorse Yes, that's what I'd do if I did want to put them on here. Thanks.
@cahaya1983 (5389)
I don't think that's even allowed. One thing I don't get: this site is very laid-back, with minimal requirements for posts. So why is it so hard for some people to just come up with something fresh at least, you know?
i didn't reckon it 'twas neither, but i reckon folks 've gotten by with such 'n it'll continue 'til the hammer comes down. i dunno why there's a lack 'f original thought neither. it aint much 'f a stretch to get a conversation started, is it? 'n then, if'n yer followin' their writin' in other places, what the heck do ya say to acknowledge ya read it...twice?
@crazyhorseladycx My sentiment, exactly. There's always something new to write. Even if they do choose the same topics from their writings on other sites, the least they could do is write them from a different angle.
@simone10 (22606)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I think I have been guilty of doing the article recycling but I try to write it completely different than before to where most people wouldn't recognize it.
i reckon its alright, coz many folks it seems 've been doin' such. if'n ya put a diff'rent twist/or perspective on it i don't see the harm. but when its jest an excerpt 'r a single line 's changed?? nah, that jest don't sit well with me i fear. 'course, what the heck do i know 'bout this sorta thingy - i'm jest a dumb hick
@simone10 (22606)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@crazyhorseladycx No, you aren't dumb at all. You make a very valid point.
@simone10 aw schucks, can i jump through the screen 'n get a hug? i aint feelin' too bright these days.
Hey kiddo, do you have a Target anywhere near? Thats where I bring my glass jars, they'll recycle it as long as you clean em out ....... It's what I do weekly, the target nearest me is 14 or 15 miles away.
no ma'am, the closest one is a lil o'er 100 miles 'way. they used to take glass locally, but ya know how folks like to ruin such. the parkin' lot 'd be full 'f it all broken 'n was deemed a danger. i e'en wash out what lil plastic we accumulate.
@crazyhorseladycx WOW, you really are in the stix, and I thought I was, just shows to go ya.
@rebelann 'n i prefer it that way! not fond 'f big cities 'n all those folks. this'un 's grown too much fer me, but i've too many memories here to move on 'less i jest gotta.
I love reading the titles of your posts, it sure makes my brain think differently. However, unless I took the time to really study it, I don't think I can write like that, I mean I could probably talk like that, but how to spell certain words to make a meaning, that I would stink at. Now as for your topic, that is the reason I only want ONE writing site. To have to create articles on one is enough for me (especially now while I am finishing up for my degree) let alone writing a different article on other sites. So I am sticking with the original (and the best) and I only left before because of lack of payments and the attitude of the owners at the time.
@crazyhorseladycx Well you "wing" it pretty well, I am able to read it (not like those ones with the vowels missing or something, those drive me nuts) and I agree that the other places just are not as good as MyLot.
@Carmelanirel2 aw thanks. i dunno if'n they aint 's 'good' 're not, i've only 'xperience with one other. diff'rent, yes.
@PainsOnSlate (15530)
I do re-write some of my older posts and put them on here but they are no longer on the internet. That is the rule. You can use your older posts if they are not on line anywhere. I only rewrite the ones that took the longest, the most interesting (to me) Have you noticed any of mine that you've read before? Just Curious....
bless yer heart, hon. this 'twas'n reference to those folks who hopped o'er from 'that other place' 'n were writin' the same schtuff 't both places. they'd do the 400 character thingy there 'n then jest a few lines here - e'en usin' the same photos't both. 'twas jest wrong, that double dippin'. i see nothin' awry'n usin' yer own writin' when such's not published elsewhere :D 's fer readin' such from yerself? i don't reckon i've read any duplicates. big hugs!!
@crazyhorseladycx I'm glad you haven't noticed a re-wright. I've only done a couple but I worried it would be boring...
@valmnz (10716)
• New Zealand
I don't understand people removing all their posts from elsewhere and using them again. I like to be spontaneous. And most of us are already recycled and have read those posts before.
i aint ne'er figured it out neither. apparently, somebody e'en put a tutorial up in regards to how to do such - e'en remove it from search engines 'n schtuff. i dunno, makes no sense to me. i try to be spontaneous by sometimes think i'm jest repeatin' myself. i need to get a life...
@valmnz (10716)
• New Zealand
@crazyhorseladycx I know that feeling!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Doesn't seem that hard to come up with new stuff. You can just write about your day. Each day has new experiences.
that'd be my thinkin', but seems some folks're content with writin' the same 'n puttin' it in multiple places :(
@Shellyann36 (6439)
I think that some folks are deleting their posts at certain sites but re-posting them to other sites. As long as they are deleted at the other sites I don't see why they can't be recycled, especially if it is an informative post.
yes ma'am, that's my understandin', but i jest feel it aint the right thingy to do 'less it is a well researched 'n written piece. these i've run 'cross i fear 've not been. then 'gain, folks 've a right to do what they wish with their written words, that's why we've copyrights
@Raelove (13029)
• Saco, Maine
I don't mind articles on the same topic if they're updates to something ongoing, a project, a developing news story, etc. Otherwise, with everything going on around us, I don't see a shortage of material!
i 'ppreciate updates 's well, 'long 's they aint the same from site to site. that's jest wrong to me. 'course, i reckon it could be ones perception 'f such. i aint wired correctly, so i've been told 'n might jest be readin' more into such? noperz, if folks 're breathin' they ought'a be able to come up with somethin'. if'n they're too 'bored' 'r whate'er then they need to find somethin' else to do instead 'f writin'. this hole idea 'f makin' money online 's always kinda chapped my hide. those days 're purty much gone with the influx 'f so many sites. the market so saturated.
@sueznewz2 (6942)
• Alicante, Spain
Yes it's a bit tricky.... I thought about bringing some of my posts across to get me going,,... but like you say my connections here... are mainly made up of the same people from 'there' , so I decided not to.... although some photos might be repeated ...lol's...
seems to be a fine line 'f sorts? i see no troubles with the pic's 'n sharin' slideshows, but one really needs to write it original 'n not jest butcher up schtuff from other sites 'n 'xpect to get paid fer such - much less folks commentin' on what they've jest read elsewhere. jest makes no sense to me.
I have used a lot of solid waste in my garden to create foundatins for items in my garden. The waterfall and the love seat both have foundations where this solid waste is filled up with cement on which they are constructed. I have given ideas for builders to fill up low lying areas with this as also to fill up wells that do not produce water.