Lovin' This Cooler Weather

@Raelove (17749)
Saco, Maine
It's hard to believe that, last week at this time, it was 85 degrees F and very humid and sticky. Today, it's right around 58 degrees F with a strong brisk wind. The water on the pond is ripply blue the way I like it, as it means a strong wind. Leaves are starting to fall from the trees, and the pines are shedding some needles, too. It's a bit chilly in here, with the wind blowing in through my partly opened window. But I don't mind. This is my favorite kind of weather leading into my favorite time of year: fall!
It was raining all weekend here and cold, I had the furnace on for a while. Today it is sunny and much warmer and will get hot during the week.
@Raelove (17749)
• Saco, Maine
I always try to hold off turning the heat on as long as I can. It's a small kero heater and very noisy. So I try to enjoy the "quiet" without it until I absolutely can't stand it anymore.
@Raelove I just couldn't stand the cold anymore. I have Raynaud's syndrome and have a very hard time with cold.
@Raelove (17749)
• Saco, Maine
@marlina Sorry to hear that. I hope it's warm enough for you where you are.
@loki1982 (782)
• Dallas, Texas
That cooler weather was in incredible blessing for my family. Friday our AC unit went out. It just so happens that Friday night is the night the cold air moved into Dallas. We have made it all weekend with no AC and the weather for the most part has been very tolerable.
@Raelove (17749)
• Saco, Maine
Oh good for you, @Jared D ! I can't imagine living where you are without a/c. I wouldn't be fit to live with!
I do not like when it's hot and humid, a temperature from 60 to 68 is perfect for me.