The Winner Is......

@1wldngl (3996)
I guess I was about 12 years old when we got a call at home saying I had won a Polaroid camera. Poloroid was the height of instant techonology back then. I was so excited I couldn't contain myself. It happened in the summer and we had been to a local fair and I had signed up for something and had completely forgotten about it. Now...the Christmas before my mother had gotten Poloroids for my step sister and I and we had been enjoying them immensely for the last six months. I anxiously awaited my winning cameras arrival in the mail and even though I had a camera this one was special because I WON IT!! I hadn't won anything in my short life. So...when my camera arrived and my mother made me give it to my brother since I already had one of my own I was very upset and I wish she had let me decide or offered my Christmas camera to my brother. I mean....really...I WON IT!!! Have you ever won anything? What did you win?
@sishy7 (25622)
A long time ago, there was one year when I won something like 3 raffles. I've never won anything before that, and I could not remember winning anything big since either. During my lucky year I won a food processor, a stereo set, and the biggest one was a Sony TV (I forgot exactly how many inch, but it was pretty big).
@1wldngl (3996)
That's awesome and quite a lucky year!
Awww - I think she should have let you decide too - it was YOUR prize! I can think of a few things I've won - but it's not like it happens often. I've gotten tickets for 2 at an ice hockey game (that was quite exciting!) - that was for some rink raffle. At a Kids Club raffle, I won $10 gift card for the mall. I know I've won some other little stuff, but obviously they were not big because I don't remember what they were - ha ha!
@1wldngl (3996)
I think I have won a few other things but I can't, for the life of me, remember what they were either.
@sacmom (14338)
Oh, that reminds me. I've won a couple of tickets to Six Flags Marine World. Knowing that I wouldn't be able to go, I decided to give them to a family member.
@sacmom Where is Six Flags Marine World? That sounds like it's not "around here" - I only think of Magic Mountain when I think of Six Flags!
I didt won anything But my sister did One day we were in a mall Where a lucky draw was going on by classmate I considered that foolish and was leaving but my sister filled the thing And unexpectedly she won a cash prize of rs20000i was a bit jealous but then happy for her
@yugocean (3795)
so next you might thought you did foolish
@yugocean Ya kind of After that I am trying give all lucky draws that come up Hahahahh
@yugocean (3795)
@Namanjindal13 an experience that taught you now lets wait of
@dawnald (84129)
• Shingle Springs, California
I would have had you give him the old one. After all, you WON it. I have won a few things. My favorite was a cassette walkman with speakers. It did't just stop when the tape ended, it played the other side then started over. It was a pretty nice one. It disappeared, not sure exactly when, but I think it was when I was on medical leave from work.
@1wldngl (3996)
What's a cassette?
@dawnald (84129)
• Shingle Springs, California
@1wldngl one of those tapey musicy thingers...
@sacmom (14338)
Oh, that sucks that your mother didn't let you keep it. Yes, I've won a few things. I won a a small construx toy set when I was a kid. I also won a couple of bingo games in the past (the biggest being $250). I've won a dollar here, a dollar there with the lottery as well. That's about what I spend though, so I can't really count that..or can I?
@1wldngl (3996)
Oh...I totally forgot...I once won $50 at Bingo!
@yugocean (3795)
This was very unfair, You won the Camera and you did not got it, however Mothers are boss and we can't say anything. In my Life, I won many things but most of the senders were asking for delivery charge via money order which was looking like scam, so did not got them.
@1wldngl (3996)
Right....by their reckoning...I won an island! LOL
@yugocean (3795)
@1wldngl Long Live the Queen of _________ Land fill in the blank please
@1wldngl (3996)
@yugocean Long Live the Queen of Otter Isle!!!
yeah, you should have had the choice to share or not share, and the one you wanted, it was after all yours. Forcing that choice on you wasn't fair, and I bet with a solid discussion with her on it, you would have chosen to gift him with one of them, or something
@1wldngl (3996)
Oh I'm sure I would have given him the old one, after all what good would two get me. And I imagine I wouldn't have remembered it so long either. LOL
@1wldngl especially if instead of it feeling like an injustice, encouraging you and including you in making a good decision would have been both a good life lesson, and made you proud of it.
@1wldngl (3996)
@Jessicalynnt Too true!
@gregario888 (1306)
• Aurangabad, India
The spoils of a win are surely special!
@1wldngl (3996)
indeed
@Rosekitty (19500)
• San Marcos, Texas
I won a contest from Frosted flakes cereal when i was about 11..about 100 years ago..anyway it was a new cereal and they were not certain it would catch on like corn flakes so the prize i won was a corny phone..actually it was a harmonica corn shape and i loved it..have no idea what happened to it.. when i was 5 i won a hula hoop contest..when hula hoops first came out..my Uncle worked for the company and had given me a prototype one so i had maybe one of the first and got pretty good at it..to this day i can do it..hahah..
@1wldngl (3996)
I tried...and failed. I used to be able to, but it's been years. LOL