Stream of Consciousness

@1wldngl (3991)
"Stream of consciousness, narrative technique in nondramatic fiction intended to render the flow of myriad impressions—visual, auditory, physical, associative, and subliminal—that impinge on the consciousness of an individual and form part of his awareness along with the trend of his rational thoughts. The term was first used by the psychologist William James in The Principles of Psychology (1890). As the psychological novel developed in the 20th century, some writers attempted to capture the total flow of their characters’ consciousness, rather than limit themselves to rational thoughts. To represent the full richness, speed, and subtlety of the mind at work, the writer incorporates snatches of incoherent thought, ungrammatical constructions, and free association of ideas, images, and words at the pre-speech level." Source: Apparently there is also a game that is played on the premise of random thought from player to player to player. I have never played this but I would like to try. I think it might be fun. Doesn't it often seem like one discussion leads you into thoughts of another discussion?
We call these captain randoms sometimes, like especially when you don't verbalize the things that got you from point A to point M and the other person is staring at you like...huh? lol
@1wldngl (3991)
Oh man..girl I do that all the time! LOL
@topffer (34601)
• France
I have absolutely no imagination, I was thinking that you wanted to speak of literature. And speaking of literature, this reminds me that I responded to a 2006 or 2007 discussion with no response about one of my favorite authors.
@1wldngl (3991)
I tried to touch on all of it!
@owstalaga (4561)
So what's the game called? It's fun when one discussion leads to another.